Logitech, a leading innovator of gaming peripherals, today announced that two top North American professional gaming organizations have decided to exclusively use Logitech G hardware for the next year. In addition to providing early feedback and design input on products before they go to market, Cloud9 (C9) and Team SoloMid (TSM) will continue to exclusively use a mix of Logitech G hardware peripherals during tournament gameplay including headsets, mice, keyboards and mouse pads whenever they play.
"eSports continues to grow in popularity and play a critical role in PC gaming," said Ujesh Desai, general manager of the Logitech gaming business. "We're privileged to be able to work with some of the best pro gamers in the world. By teaming up with them we can take their feedback and develop the best gaming gear on the planet." Cloud9's teams include 45 players for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), Dota 2, Halo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends (LoL), Smite and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Last year's LoL team finished first place in the League Championship Series (LCS) Spring 2014.
"We are thrilled to be re-signing with Logitech G," said Jack Etienne, owner, Cloud9. "They have been instrumental in our success and growth by supporting us with boot camps to keeping us equipped with the best gaming peripherals - Logitech G has given us the edge we need to win."
Comprised of 13 players, TSM is the world's most popular League of Legends team and recently-formed Hearthstone and CS:GO teams. TSM had an exceptional 2014 season, finishing in the top 10 during the LoL World Finals and took first place in the LCS Summer 2014. The team is expected to continue their dominance this season.
"I'm extremely proud to be re-signing with Logitech G as they've played a critical role in our success last season," said Andy Dinh, owner, Team SoloMid. "Not only do they provide us with the best equipment to compete with, they supported us every step of the way in 2014. I'm especially excited to continue working with them because they believe in our goals and want to help us achieve them."
To learn more about the eSports teams that Logitech sponsors, and to follow the players as they compete in CS:GO, Dota 2, Halo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, Super Smash Bros. Melee and other eSports tournaments, please visit http://www.Facebook.com/logitechgaming and follow @LogitechG.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- AMD's new Radeon RX 580 and RX 570 spotted
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design