Logitech, a leading innovator of gaming peripherals, today announced that two top North American professional gaming organizations have decided to exclusively use Logitech G hardware for the next year. In addition to providing early feedback and design input on products before they go to market, Cloud9 (C9) and Team SoloMid (TSM) will continue to exclusively use a mix of Logitech G hardware peripherals during tournament gameplay including headsets, mice, keyboards and mouse pads whenever they play.
"eSports continues to grow in popularity and play a critical role in PC gaming," said Ujesh Desai, general manager of the Logitech gaming business. "We're privileged to be able to work with some of the best pro gamers in the world. By teaming up with them we can take their feedback and develop the best gaming gear on the planet." Cloud9's teams include 45 players for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), Dota 2, Halo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends (LoL), Smite and Super Smash Bros. Melee. Last year's LoL team finished first place in the League Championship Series (LCS) Spring 2014.
"We are thrilled to be re-signing with Logitech G," said Jack Etienne, owner, Cloud9. "They have been instrumental in our success and growth by supporting us with boot camps to keeping us equipped with the best gaming peripherals - Logitech G has given us the edge we need to win."
Comprised of 13 players, TSM is the world's most popular League of Legends team and recently-formed Hearthstone and CS:GO teams. TSM had an exceptional 2014 season, finishing in the top 10 during the LoL World Finals and took first place in the LCS Summer 2014. The team is expected to continue their dominance this season.
"I'm extremely proud to be re-signing with Logitech G as they've played a critical role in our success last season," said Andy Dinh, owner, Team SoloMid. "Not only do they provide us with the best equipment to compete with, they supported us every step of the way in 2014. I'm especially excited to continue working with them because they believe in our goals and want to help us achieve them."
To learn more about the eSports teams that Logitech sponsors, and to follow the players as they compete in CS:GO, Dota 2, Halo, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, Super Smash Bros. Melee and other eSports tournaments, please visit http://www.Facebook.com/logitechgaming and follow @LogitechG.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4