Following the introduction of the XH97V and SH97R6 barebone PC models that have been prepared for the fifth generation of Intel Core processors, Shuttle today introduces a new member to the product family - the DS57U. This is the company's first barebone PC with a built-in Broadwell processor. As a successor to the DS47 and DS437 models, the DS57U also belongs to the 1 litre PC class. The DS57U is delivered as a barebone PC and includes the case, motherboard, cooling system and power supply unit as its core components as standard.
The system is powered by a pre-installed Intel Celeron 3205U dual-core processor (2x 1.5 GHz), which also is part of the delivery. The 14-nm architecture and power consumption of less than 15 W promise low energy costs together with improved performance. The completely fanless DS57U not only works remarkably quietly, it is almost maintenance-free, as the passive cooling ensures that no dust is sucked into the machine.
Once the two screws on both covers of the steel case are undone, space for one 2.5" hard drive or SSD drive and two SO-DIMM sockets with a capacity for up to 16 GB of DDR3L memory comes to light. One Mini-PCI Express slot (full-size) is available for additional expansions, e.g. an mSATA module. A second Mini-PCI Express slot (half-size) comes already fitted with a WLAN module.
With its ultra-slim dimensions of 20 x 3.95 x 16.5 cm (DWH), the DS57U as the first Shuttle barebone sports two Intel Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. Plus, 2x USB 3.0, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI and audio ports can be found. Also at the rear side of the machine sits a multi-pin connector for remote power-on (e.g. in the case of fixed installation in an awkward position). The front panel unveils a card reader, four USB 2.0 ports and two RS-232 interfaces for connecting peripheral devices.
"We are delighted to expand our product family with the DS57U, which adds the latest Intel processor generation to our portfolio. We see the DS57U as a versatile PC platform, which can in principle be used wherever efficiency, quietness and longevity are required. For Shuttle, this also means a further step in the direction of vertical markets where precisely these features are in demand," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH.
The DS57U can be operated in various positions, e.g. upright or mounted on suitable surfaces or monitors with the supplied VESA mount.
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle Barebone DS57U is EUR 192.00 (ex VAT) (217.62 US Dollar). The machine launched with this press release is available from specialist retailers Europe-wide as of now.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design