Following the introduction of the XH97V and SH97R6 barebone PC models that have been prepared for the fifth generation of Intel Core processors, Shuttle today introduces a new member to the product family - the DS57U. This is the company's first barebone PC with a built-in Broadwell processor. As a successor to the DS47 and DS437 models, the DS57U also belongs to the 1 litre PC class. The DS57U is delivered as a barebone PC and includes the case, motherboard, cooling system and power supply unit as its core components as standard.
The system is powered by a pre-installed Intel Celeron 3205U dual-core processor (2x 1.5 GHz), which also is part of the delivery. The 14-nm architecture and power consumption of less than 15 W promise low energy costs together with improved performance. The completely fanless DS57U not only works remarkably quietly, it is almost maintenance-free, as the passive cooling ensures that no dust is sucked into the machine.
Once the two screws on both covers of the steel case are undone, space for one 2.5" hard drive or SSD drive and two SO-DIMM sockets with a capacity for up to 16 GB of DDR3L memory comes to light. One Mini-PCI Express slot (full-size) is available for additional expansions, e.g. an mSATA module. A second Mini-PCI Express slot (half-size) comes already fitted with a WLAN module.
With its ultra-slim dimensions of 20 x 3.95 x 16.5 cm (DWH), the DS57U as the first Shuttle barebone sports two Intel Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. Plus, 2x USB 3.0, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI and audio ports can be found. Also at the rear side of the machine sits a multi-pin connector for remote power-on (e.g. in the case of fixed installation in an awkward position). The front panel unveils a card reader, four USB 2.0 ports and two RS-232 interfaces for connecting peripheral devices.
"We are delighted to expand our product family with the DS57U, which adds the latest Intel processor generation to our portfolio. We see the DS57U as a versatile PC platform, which can in principle be used wherever efficiency, quietness and longevity are required. For Shuttle, this also means a further step in the direction of vertical markets where precisely these features are in demand," says Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH.
The DS57U can be operated in various positions, e.g. upright or mounted on suitable surfaces or monitors with the supplied VESA mount.
The recommended retail price for the Shuttle Barebone DS57U is EUR 192.00 (ex VAT) (217.62 US Dollar). The machine launched with this press release is available from specialist retailers Europe-wide as of now.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Do you have questions for Elon Musk? Now is time to ask
- Huge cyber attack involved 10s of millions IP addresses
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook