Highly Reliable Systems, the innovative American-made server backup storage experts, today announced immediate availability for their NetSwap reverse Cloud server backup NAS. The High-Rely NetSwap family of network-attached appliances provide Reverse Cloud server backup for many popular storage accounts: Amazon S3, Google Cloud Storage, DreamHost DreamCloud, and Dropbox.
NetSwap is a purpose-built backup appliance that allows multiple Amazon accounts and S3 buckets to be "pulled down" to local disk, and automatically mirrored to a second highly-removable drive. Local storage of Cloud server data provides insurance against Internet outages, malicious or accidental deletion, viruses or malware, and other Cloud mishaps. NetSwap data replication features are bi-directional, enabling this Cloud server backup appliance to be used for local computer or server backup and then configured to automatically upload the data up to Cloud accounts.
"Although redundant Cloud storage is considered reasonably safe, cases exist where companies have been put out of business by hackers, bugs, or accidents. Our NetSwap backup appliances allow corporate users to consolidate multiple Amazon S3 accounts and storage buckets onto our auto backup device. This gives administrators the physical comfort of having their data on one or more local hard drives" said Tom Hoops, Chief Technology Officer at Highly Reliable Systems. "It makes sense for businesses with large amounts of data in the Cloud to retain a local copy for both safety and high speed access. Some customers worry about compliance and long term data retention for HIPAA, SOX, and other laws. Complying with discovery requests during lawsuits is made much easier with a local copy of the data and our appliance insures those copies are constantly updated, even when multiple sources are involved. The reverse Cloud backup features of the NetSwap backup appliance were designed to address all these issues with minimal intervention from IT."
High-Rely network appliances that feature Reverse Cloud Backup are available in storage capacities up to 48TB on NetSwap models, and 72TB on RAIDFrame models. The NetSwap backup NAS device utilizes Gigabit Ethernet network attachment, and support for: CIFS network shares, NFS Linux/Unix/VMware shares, and iSCSI block level drive access. Many NetSwap models include multiple levels of RAID to insure long-term protection and data retention. Integrated Watchdog circuitry monitors each NetSwap backup NAS for even higher reliability, immediately notifying administrators whenever an alert occurs. High-Rely will soon offer a NetSwap models with virtualization, enabling Amazon AWS virtual machines to be spun-up under Xen from within the appliance.
High-Rely Cloud server backup NAS devices are immediately available through partner resellers starting at $849. High-Rely offers a wide range of network-attached and direct-attached backup storage solutions. Please visit http://high-rely.com for more information on our product line.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design