QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced that its Enterprise and SMB-class Turbo NAS products now support HGST's Ultrastar He8 helium-filled hard disk drives (HDDs). By incorporating HGST's HelioSeal platform technology, enterprise users benefit from enhanced NAS performance, maximized storage capacity, and optimum energy efficiency for reduced total cost of ownership (TCO).
Leveraging the inherent benefits of helium, which is one-seventh the density of air, the HGST Ultrastar He8 advances the TCO value proposition for hyperscale cloud data centers, enterprises, SMBs, and system integrators. Combining industry-leading storage capacity with industry-leading low power consumption, the HGST Ultrastar He8 is an ideal large-capacity 3.5-inch HDD solution for businesses to store, secure and harness the power of data.
QNAP has now certified the HGST Ultrastar He8 HDDs for use in their powerful enterprise-class Turbo vNAS TVS-x80+ series, and REXP expansion enclosures.
"QNAP constantly strives to provide business users with reliable and scalable NAS solutions for storage, backup, iSCSI, virtualization applications, and many other practical business applications," said David Tsao, product manager of QNAP. "With support for HGST's Ultrastar He8 drives on both SATA and SAS, SMB and enterprise users alike can bolster their Turbo NAS solutions with industry-leading capacity, energy efficiency, performance, and lower total cost of ownership provided by these revolutionary hard drives."
"With the explosion of data resulting from mobile devices, Internet services, social media and big data, businesses are constantly looking for ways to improve their storage infrastructure costs and improve their bottom line," said Brendan Collins, vice president of product marketing, HGST. "By utilizing HGST Ultrastar He8 drives, QNAP is enabling more efficient data center designs and operations by improving storage density in the same physical space, without any compromise of performance or reliability, while also lowering power consumption."
The following QNAP Turbo NAS models are also compatible with HGST's Ultrastar He8 HDDs:
- The HGST Ultrastar He8 SAS 12Gb/s: TS-x79-SAS series and REXP expansion enclosures
- The HGST Ultrastar He8 SATA 6Gb/s: TS-x80, TS-x79, TVS-x71, TS-x70, TVS-x63, TS-x53 Pro, TS-x51, TS-x31+, TS-x31 series, and also the REXP and UX expansion enclosures
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- $32 million of Ethereum stolen by hackers
- Fake AMD Ryzen CPUs have been sent by Amazon
- Avast acquires CCleaner and Speeccy developer Piriform
- Ubisoft hints AC Origins' RPG elements will be monetized
- Google Pixel XL 2 looks amazing in the new concept video
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4