Synology Inc. today launched the new DiskStation DS115. Featuring a dual-core processor and compact design, this 1-bay NAS server allows homes and small businesses to take advantage of centralized data storage, borderless file sharing, easy cloud synchronization, multimedia streaming, home surveillance, and much more.
"DS115 makes it easy to work, play, and share files from anywhere. With its speedy performance, intuitive interface, and diverse ecosystem of add-on packages, DS115 is a great NAS server for homes or small businesses - especially for people who still rely on external hard drives, flash drives, or cloud services to swap and share files," said Jonathan Wang, product manager at Synology Inc.
Upgraded to a dual-core processor, DS115 delivers enhanced computing power and file transfer speeds exceeding 111 MB/s reading and 104 MB/s writing - giving users a 36% increase in writing speeds when compared with its predecessor. The built-in floating-point unit allows for speedier photo thumbnail generation. Equipped with a USB 3.0 port, DS115 connects to external hard drives and a variety of other devices. DS115 is also designed with energy efficiency in mind, consuming only 5.44W during hibernation and 10.21W when accessed.
DS115 runs DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that offers a host of add-on packages to increase efficiency at work and offer a new level of entertainment at home. DSM 5.1 makes it easy to synchronize files across multiple devices and cloud storage services, stream multimedia to televisions with DLNA, AirPlay, and Chromecast, set up a home surveillance system, or create digital scrapbooks with the Note Station package.
Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award 2014 winner" for the second consecutive year and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now