Synology Inc. today launched the new DiskStation DS115. Featuring a dual-core processor and compact design, this 1-bay NAS server allows homes and small businesses to take advantage of centralized data storage, borderless file sharing, easy cloud synchronization, multimedia streaming, home surveillance, and much more.
"DS115 makes it easy to work, play, and share files from anywhere. With its speedy performance, intuitive interface, and diverse ecosystem of add-on packages, DS115 is a great NAS server for homes or small businesses - especially for people who still rely on external hard drives, flash drives, or cloud services to swap and share files," said Jonathan Wang, product manager at Synology Inc.
Upgraded to a dual-core processor, DS115 delivers enhanced computing power and file transfer speeds exceeding 111 MB/s reading and 104 MB/s writing - giving users a 36% increase in writing speeds when compared with its predecessor. The built-in floating-point unit allows for speedier photo thumbnail generation. Equipped with a USB 3.0 port, DS115 connects to external hard drives and a variety of other devices. DS115 is also designed with energy efficiency in mind, consuming only 5.44W during hibernation and 10.21W when accessed.
DS115 runs DiskStation Manager (DSM) 5.1, an intuitive operating system that offers a host of add-on packages to increase efficiency at work and offer a new level of entertainment at home. DSM 5.1 makes it easy to synchronize files across multiple devices and cloud storage services, stream multimedia to televisions with DLNA, AirPlay, and Chromecast, set up a home surveillance system, or create digital scrapbooks with the Note Station package.
Synology was named "PC Mag Business Choice Award 2014 winner" for the second consecutive year and received the highest rating in every element of the survey, including reliability, value, and likelihood to recommend.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyssey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99