Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced two new solid state drives (SSDs): the Crucial MX200, built to deliver leading speeds and features, and the Crucial BX100, designed to offer substantial yet affordable performance gains compared to a hard drive.
Crucial MX200 SSD: Available in 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB capacities with respective MSRPs of £107.99, £191.99, and £360.99, the new Crucial MX200 delivers sequential reads and write up to 555MB/s and 500MB/s, along with random reads and writes up to 100k and 87k IOPS on all file types. Additionally, with an endurance rating up to 320 TBW (total bytes written) on the 1TB model, the Crucial MX200 delivers up to five times more endurance than a typical client SSD.
The Crucial MX200 is also the only consumer drive on the market with Dynamic Write Acceleration, a new and unique technology that enables faster saves and file transfers. Furthermore, the MX200 also offers a host of industry-leading features, including:
- Best-in-class AES 256-bit encryption to protect data at the highest possible level
- Exclusive Data Defense to guard against corrupt files
- Adaptive Thermal Protection to keep systems cool
- Power Loss Protection to preserve user data if power is lost
Each Crucial MX200 SSD includes Acronis True Image HD data migration software that moves all files, operating systems, settings, and programs from an existing hard drive to a newly installed SSD. This patented disk-imaging technology powered by Acronis' AnyData Engine allows users to quickly, easily, and accurately utilise their new SSD as their system drive.
Crucial BX100 SSD
Available in 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB capacities with respective MSRPs of £53.99, £84.99, £153.99, and Â£306.99, the Crucial BX100 delivers sequential reads and writes up to 535MB/s and 450MB/s on all file types. More than fifteen times faster than a hard drive, the Crucial BX100 allows users to boot up almost instantly, load programs in seconds, and accelerate demanding applications. And with Extreme Energy Efficiency technology, the BX100 is two times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive, allowing users to run their systems longer, using less power.
The BX100 is the first Crucial drive to include the Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller. Robert Fan, vice president and general manager of Silicon Motion U.S.A., said, "We are excited to be partnering with Crucial on the new BX100 SSD. Our high-performance and low power consumption SM2246EN controller combined with leading-edge Micron NAND helps make the BX100 fast, energy efficient, and affordable."
"We designed the MX200 and BX100 to meet the varied needs of the market, making it easier for anyone to move to an SSD, whether they are a seasoned computer enthusiast or an absolute beginner, all while keeping value top of mind," said Jonathan Weech, senior worldwide product manager, Crucial. "These drives leverage Micron's years of heritage in storage technology to deliver advanced features and performance, resulting in an unparalleled SSD experience for our consumers."
Both Crucial MX200 and BX100 2.5-inch drives will be available in Q1 2015 at Crucial.com and through select global partners. The Crucial MX200 will also be available in mSATA and M.2 form factors during Q1 2015.
Latest News Posts
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card