Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced two new solid state drives (SSDs): the Crucial MX200, built to deliver leading speeds and features, and the Crucial BX100, designed to offer substantial yet affordable performance gains compared to a hard drive.
Crucial MX200 SSD: Available in 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB capacities with respective MSRPs of £107.99, £191.99, and £360.99, the new Crucial MX200 delivers sequential reads and write up to 555MB/s and 500MB/s, along with random reads and writes up to 100k and 87k IOPS on all file types. Additionally, with an endurance rating up to 320 TBW (total bytes written) on the 1TB model, the Crucial MX200 delivers up to five times more endurance than a typical client SSD.
The Crucial MX200 is also the only consumer drive on the market with Dynamic Write Acceleration, a new and unique technology that enables faster saves and file transfers. Furthermore, the MX200 also offers a host of industry-leading features, including:
- Best-in-class AES 256-bit encryption to protect data at the highest possible level
- Exclusive Data Defense to guard against corrupt files
- Adaptive Thermal Protection to keep systems cool
- Power Loss Protection to preserve user data if power is lost
Each Crucial MX200 SSD includes Acronis True Image HD data migration software that moves all files, operating systems, settings, and programs from an existing hard drive to a newly installed SSD. This patented disk-imaging technology powered by Acronis' AnyData Engine allows users to quickly, easily, and accurately utilise their new SSD as their system drive.
Crucial BX100 SSD
Available in 120GB, 250GB, 500GB, and 1TB capacities with respective MSRPs of £53.99, £84.99, £153.99, and Â£306.99, the Crucial BX100 delivers sequential reads and writes up to 535MB/s and 450MB/s on all file types. More than fifteen times faster than a hard drive, the Crucial BX100 allows users to boot up almost instantly, load programs in seconds, and accelerate demanding applications. And with Extreme Energy Efficiency technology, the BX100 is two times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive, allowing users to run their systems longer, using less power.
The BX100 is the first Crucial drive to include the Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller. Robert Fan, vice president and general manager of Silicon Motion U.S.A., said, "We are excited to be partnering with Crucial on the new BX100 SSD. Our high-performance and low power consumption SM2246EN controller combined with leading-edge Micron NAND helps make the BX100 fast, energy efficient, and affordable."
"We designed the MX200 and BX100 to meet the varied needs of the market, making it easier for anyone to move to an SSD, whether they are a seasoned computer enthusiast or an absolute beginner, all while keeping value top of mind," said Jonathan Weech, senior worldwide product manager, Crucial. "These drives leverage Micron's years of heritage in storage technology to deliver advanced features and performance, resulting in an unparalleled SSD experience for our consumers."
Both Crucial MX200 and BX100 2.5-inch drives will be available in Q1 2015 at Crucial.com and through select global partners. The Crucial MX200 will also be available in mSATA and M.2 form factors during Q1 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- Star Wars Battlefront DLC pack announced for November 18
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system