Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced new Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs, designed to enhance next-generation laptop performance. The new DDR4 modules are more than 30 percent faster than their DDR3 equivalents with speeds of 2133 MT/s, enabling systems to load applications faster and run demanding programs without lag.
Operating at 1.2V compared to 1.5V for standard DDR3 memory, Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs consume 20 percent less voltage than standard DDR3 technology. The reduction in voltage combined with other DDR4 efficiency features leads to an overall power reduction of up to 40 percent, which helps extend battery life. Additionally, Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs increase memory bandwidth by more than 30 percent, allowing systems to handle more data at once.
"Although broad adoption of DDR4-enabled laptops won't be available until later in 2015, we are committed to the early availability of new technology to better enable our development partners and customers and to continue to lead the industry with our DDR4 offerings," said Jeremy Mortenson, product marketing manager, Crucial.
Available in 4GB and 8GB modules with two-piece kits up to 16GB, Crucial DDR4 SODIMMs are available now at Crucial.com and through select global partners.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter Nintendo Direct incoming
- AMD drops price on Radeon RX 460, RX 470 graphics cards
- Google's new Pixel is easy to repair, even the screen
- 4K 120Hz is on its way to VR headsets with Onix VR
- PlayStation VR launches in Japan: over 51K units sold
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook