Seagate Technology plc, a world leader in storage solutions, has unveiled a high-design ultra-slim external drive that evokes the legacy form factor of 2.5-inch internal hard drives. The new Seagate Seven drive is the slimmest way to carry 500 GB of data, with the name representing the 7 mm depth of the 500 GB drive. The simplicity of the industrial design of the Seagate Seven pays tribute to the roots of computer storage while simultaneously celebrating the latest advancements in storage innovation. The premium all-metal enclosure highlights the essence of a bare hard drive, Seagate's core competency for over 35 years.
"Seagate has been providing the world with storage since the modern origins of computing history," said Mark Whitby, senior vice president of Seagate Branded Group. "Seagate Seven is designed to speak to this history, while looking forward to the future of where storage technology is headed. We believe that Seagate Seven will resonate with those who want the latest trend in mechanical design while inspiring the user to create great experiences and memories."
The stunning Seagate Seven portable drive celebrates over 35 years of storage expertise and innovation. This statement product combines advanced storage research and development with world-class industrial design to create the slimmest way to carry 500GB of data. The Seagate Seven enclosure is made entirely of steel, not only to achieve the thinnest external drive, but also for a premium appearance inspired by a bare drive, the very essence of storage.
Seagate leveraged the latest of the company's drive technologies and manufacturing processes to create the world's thinnest external hard drive. The deep draw process allows for the all steel enclosure to be shaped in a method that the material could not be any thinner and still hold the structural integrity needed to perform as an external portable storage device. The steel encasing also provides a rigidity, which allows for the incredibly thin design to be functional. The low profile motor technologies used in the bare drive are designed to include extreme Gyro handling capabilities with tablets and thin computing in mind. This is a true benefit when considering that Seagate Seven is a storage device that people will carry with them in their bags or pockets.
Pricing and Availability:
Seagate Seven is a 500 GB portable hard drive that will be widely available in mid to late January for a suggested retail price of $99.99. As of launch, pre-orders can be made on Seagate.com and Amazon.com.
Latest News Posts
- Regenerate a 'Doctor Who' Blu-ray in our latest giveaway
- Take-Two earns 81% of its net revenue from consoles
- AMD ThreadRipper 1998X: 16C/32T @ 3.9GHz, 44 PCIe lanes
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid graphics card
- ARM announces new CPUs and GPU at Computex 2017
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017