Seagate Technology plc, a world leader in storage solutions, has unveiled a high-design ultra-slim external drive that evokes the legacy form factor of 2.5-inch internal hard drives. The new Seagate Seven drive is the slimmest way to carry 500 GB of data, with the name representing the 7 mm depth of the 500 GB drive. The simplicity of the industrial design of the Seagate Seven pays tribute to the roots of computer storage while simultaneously celebrating the latest advancements in storage innovation. The premium all-metal enclosure highlights the essence of a bare hard drive, Seagate's core competency for over 35 years.
"Seagate has been providing the world with storage since the modern origins of computing history," said Mark Whitby, senior vice president of Seagate Branded Group. "Seagate Seven is designed to speak to this history, while looking forward to the future of where storage technology is headed. We believe that Seagate Seven will resonate with those who want the latest trend in mechanical design while inspiring the user to create great experiences and memories."
The stunning Seagate Seven portable drive celebrates over 35 years of storage expertise and innovation. This statement product combines advanced storage research and development with world-class industrial design to create the slimmest way to carry 500GB of data. The Seagate Seven enclosure is made entirely of steel, not only to achieve the thinnest external drive, but also for a premium appearance inspired by a bare drive, the very essence of storage.
Seagate leveraged the latest of the company's drive technologies and manufacturing processes to create the world's thinnest external hard drive. The deep draw process allows for the all steel enclosure to be shaped in a method that the material could not be any thinner and still hold the structural integrity needed to perform as an external portable storage device. The steel encasing also provides a rigidity, which allows for the incredibly thin design to be functional. The low profile motor technologies used in the bare drive are designed to include extreme Gyro handling capabilities with tablets and thin computing in mind. This is a true benefit when considering that Seagate Seven is a storage device that people will carry with them in their bags or pockets.
Pricing and Availability:
Seagate Seven is a 500 GB portable hard drive that will be widely available in mid to late January for a suggested retail price of $99.99. As of launch, pre-orders can be made on Seagate.com and Amazon.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Hey MSI, where's your GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning?
- EVGA unveils GTX 1080 Ti SC, SC2, and FTW3 variants
- Overwatch map editor, highlight savings are coming soon
- GTX 1080 Ti hits 3GHz on LN2, all on reference PCB
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter