Acer announces two new gaming monitors with some world first designs. The Acer XB270HU is the world's first NVIDIA G-SYNC gaming monitor equipped with IPS technology, and the Acer XG270HU is the world's first gaming monitor with an edge-to-edge frameless display. Both of these 27-inch displays come with WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution and a fast 144 Hz refresh rate to enhance in-gaming performance.
The XB270HU is the first NVIDIA G-SYNC-enabled gaming monitor to feature IPS technology, which provides consistently clear images from up to 178 degree wide viewing angles. NVIDIA G-SYNC technology ensures every frame rendered by the GPU is perfectly portrayed by synchronizing the monitor's refresh rates to the GPU in a GeForce GTX-powered PC. This breakthrough technology eliminates screen tearing and minimizes display stutter and input lag to deliver a smooth, fast and dynamic gaming experience for all the latest PC game titles. Scenes appear instantly, objects are visually sharp, and gameplay is more responsive to provide faster reaction times, giving gamers an advantage. Even in multi-monitor setups, the Acer XB270HU delivers crisp images from wide viewing angles to provide an excellent in-game experience. Furthermore, its multi-functional ErgoStand allows users to tilt, swivel and adjust the height to the most comfortable viewing position.
The XG270HU is the world's first gaming monitor with an edge-to-edge frameless display which maximizes viewing area and provides a more seamless viewing experience for multi-monitor setups. A quick 1 ms response time assures that actions or dramatic transitions will be rendered smoothly without smearing or ghosting effects. Built with post-consumer recycled ABS plastic, this monitor adorns the characteristic Acer gaming identity with a bold orange strip along the bottom horizontal frame and also outlines the base stand. For easy connectivity, the XG270HU includes HDMI 2.0, DVI, and DisplayPort 1.2.
To reduce eye strain and potential long-term damage to eye health by heavy users such as gamers and programmers, the XG270HU is built with Acer EyeProtect technologies. This includes flicker-less technology that eliminates screen flicker through a stable supply of power; ComfyView which reduces reflection from light sources on the non-glare panel, low-dimming technology that adjusts screen brightness when working in non-optimal lighting conditions, and a blue light filter to reduce blue light exposure.
Acer has the most comprehensive lineup of gaming monitors on the market with 24-, 27- and 28-inch sizes and across FHD, WQHD and 4K2K UHD resolution displays.
The Acer XB270HU and XG270HU monitors will be available globally and begin shipping in March 2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4