Acer announces two new gaming monitors with some world first designs. The Acer XB270HU is the world's first NVIDIA G-SYNC gaming monitor equipped with IPS technology, and the Acer XG270HU is the world's first gaming monitor with an edge-to-edge frameless display. Both of these 27-inch displays come with WQHD (2560 x 1440) resolution and a fast 144 Hz refresh rate to enhance in-gaming performance.
The XB270HU is the first NVIDIA G-SYNC-enabled gaming monitor to feature IPS technology, which provides consistently clear images from up to 178 degree wide viewing angles. NVIDIA G-SYNC technology ensures every frame rendered by the GPU is perfectly portrayed by synchronizing the monitor's refresh rates to the GPU in a GeForce GTX-powered PC. This breakthrough technology eliminates screen tearing and minimizes display stutter and input lag to deliver a smooth, fast and dynamic gaming experience for all the latest PC game titles. Scenes appear instantly, objects are visually sharp, and gameplay is more responsive to provide faster reaction times, giving gamers an advantage. Even in multi-monitor setups, the Acer XB270HU delivers crisp images from wide viewing angles to provide an excellent in-game experience. Furthermore, its multi-functional ErgoStand allows users to tilt, swivel and adjust the height to the most comfortable viewing position.
The XG270HU is the world's first gaming monitor with an edge-to-edge frameless display which maximizes viewing area and provides a more seamless viewing experience for multi-monitor setups. A quick 1 ms response time assures that actions or dramatic transitions will be rendered smoothly without smearing or ghosting effects. Built with post-consumer recycled ABS plastic, this monitor adorns the characteristic Acer gaming identity with a bold orange strip along the bottom horizontal frame and also outlines the base stand. For easy connectivity, the XG270HU includes HDMI 2.0, DVI, and DisplayPort 1.2.
To reduce eye strain and potential long-term damage to eye health by heavy users such as gamers and programmers, the XG270HU is built with Acer EyeProtect technologies. This includes flicker-less technology that eliminates screen flicker through a stable supply of power; ComfyView which reduces reflection from light sources on the non-glare panel, low-dimming technology that adjusts screen brightness when working in non-optimal lighting conditions, and a blue light filter to reduce blue light exposure.
Acer has the most comprehensive lineup of gaming monitors on the market with 24-, 27- and 28-inch sizes and across FHD, WQHD and 4K2K UHD resolution displays.
The Acer XB270HU and XG270HU monitors will be available globally and begin shipping in March 2015.
Latest News Posts
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Is Capcom unsure about Nintendo Switch?
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unveiled: Big screen, 5,300 mAh battery
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017