ADAPTEC NAMES SCOTT CLELAND DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Industry Veteran to Lead Worldwide Marketing Efforts for Adaptec-branded Products
MILPITAS, Calif. - Feb. 11, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions, today announced the appointment of Scott Cleland to Director of Marketing. With nearly 25 years of storage experience and nearly 10 years of senior-level marketing experience, Cleland will lead Adaptec's global marketing activities for the company's innovative Adaptec-branded products.
"Extensive storage industry experience and a strong track record of conceiving and executing successful marketing programs makes Scott an ideal candidate to lead global marketing efforts for Adaptec's rich portfolio of products," said Vipul Mehta, vice president, Marketing, Adaptec. "As Adaptec continues to provide high-performance, innovative solutions to leading channel partners, OEMs, system builders and IT integrators, his industry knowledge and proven leadership will be instrumental in Adaptec's ongoing success. I am very excited to have Scott on Adaptec's marketing team."
Prior to joining Adaptec, Cleland served as the director of worldwide marketing for AMCC's storage division, 3ware®. At 3ware, he was responsible for coordinating and leading comprehensive global inbound/outbound product marketing and channel marketing efforts. He served as the primary product and technology evangelist to customers, industry press and analysts. Cleland was a key contributor in 3ware achieving the number one serial storage channel vendor status for two consecutive years.
Before joining AMCC, Cleland was director of product marketing and technical marketing for IBM's Mylex storage division, and previously held marketing positions at Archive, Exabyte, BusLogic, and Conner Peripherals.
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at http://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new iPhone rumored to feature 4K-capable, 12-megapixel camera
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 'confirmed', launching in 2GB and 4GB versions
- Mozilla begins testing its new VR-based Firefox browser 'MozVR'
- AMD's Frame Rate Target Control tested with considerable power savings
- Nintendo speaks out against VR and AR efforts from Microsoft, Sony
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors