ADAPTEC NAMES SCOTT CLELAND DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Industry Veteran to Lead Worldwide Marketing Efforts for Adaptec-branded Products
MILPITAS, Calif. - Feb. 11, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions, today announced the appointment of Scott Cleland to Director of Marketing. With nearly 25 years of storage experience and nearly 10 years of senior-level marketing experience, Cleland will lead Adaptec's global marketing activities for the company's innovative Adaptec-branded products.
"Extensive storage industry experience and a strong track record of conceiving and executing successful marketing programs makes Scott an ideal candidate to lead global marketing efforts for Adaptec's rich portfolio of products," said Vipul Mehta, vice president, Marketing, Adaptec. "As Adaptec continues to provide high-performance, innovative solutions to leading channel partners, OEMs, system builders and IT integrators, his industry knowledge and proven leadership will be instrumental in Adaptec's ongoing success. I am very excited to have Scott on Adaptec's marketing team."
Prior to joining Adaptec, Cleland served as the director of worldwide marketing for AMCC's storage division, 3ware®. At 3ware, he was responsible for coordinating and leading comprehensive global inbound/outbound product marketing and channel marketing efforts. He served as the primary product and technology evangelist to customers, industry press and analysts. Cleland was a key contributor in 3ware achieving the number one serial storage channel vendor status for two consecutive years.
Before joining AMCC, Cleland was director of product marketing and technical marketing for IBM's Mylex storage division, and previously held marketing positions at Archive, Exabyte, BusLogic, and Conner Peripherals.
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at http://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Doom update makes it feel more like the original
- Overwatch Competitive Mode launching today
- Amazon says you can have an Oculus Rift by tomorrow
- Get a killer domain name for your tech business
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 rumors begin, on the eve of the Radeon RX 480
- Need help with pre-built/used GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 System
- AsRock Z87 extreme 6
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines