ADAPTEC NAMES SCOTT CLELAND DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
Industry Veteran to Lead Worldwide Marketing Efforts for Adaptec-branded Products
MILPITAS, Calif. - Feb. 11, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions, today announced the appointment of Scott Cleland to Director of Marketing. With nearly 25 years of storage experience and nearly 10 years of senior-level marketing experience, Cleland will lead Adaptec's global marketing activities for the company's innovative Adaptec-branded products.
"Extensive storage industry experience and a strong track record of conceiving and executing successful marketing programs makes Scott an ideal candidate to lead global marketing efforts for Adaptec's rich portfolio of products," said Vipul Mehta, vice president, Marketing, Adaptec. "As Adaptec continues to provide high-performance, innovative solutions to leading channel partners, OEMs, system builders and IT integrators, his industry knowledge and proven leadership will be instrumental in Adaptec's ongoing success. I am very excited to have Scott on Adaptec's marketing team."
Prior to joining Adaptec, Cleland served as the director of worldwide marketing for AMCC's storage division, 3ware®. At 3ware, he was responsible for coordinating and leading comprehensive global inbound/outbound product marketing and channel marketing efforts. He served as the primary product and technology evangelist to customers, industry press and analysts. Cleland was a key contributor in 3ware achieving the number one serial storage channel vendor status for two consecutive years.
Before joining AMCC, Cleland was director of product marketing and technical marketing for IBM's Mylex storage division, and previously held marketing positions at Archive, Exabyte, BusLogic, and Conner Peripherals.
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at http://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Safran and Valeo show autonomous vehicles can learn from drones
- Valve begins selling tickets to the upcoming Dota 2 The International
- Valve's SteamVR headset will be free for developers, for now
- Police in Maine bust suspect due to poorly advised social media posts
- 10TB SSDs are on their way thanks to Micron and Intel's new 3D NAND
- KLevv Urbane 2800MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- 4k Gaming with GTX 690 - Do I need to upgrade now?
- D1800M not recognizing LSI PCIe RAID card
- Haswell-E imploded, or something like that...
- X99 Extreme4 even less memory availabe to 32-Bit OS after 1.80 BIOS
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi