With no near-term end in sight for rising prices and extended lead times in a variety of DDR memory form factors, customers who do not proactively build backlog for these devices could find themselves facing the dreaded "A-word" - allocation - according to the latest Market & Technology Trends report now available from Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc.
In a video released today, Alex Iuorio, senior vice president, supplier marketing for Avnet Electronics Marketing Americas, presents highlights of the most recent Market and Technology Trends Report, including commentary on memory market sourcing challenges as well information on exciting new product introductions supporting high-performance, high-functionality embedded and wireless systems for the ever-expanding connected device market. The video is available here: http://bit.ly/1Aq5Tai.
"The continued proliferation of big data in the enterprise world has put tremendous pressure on the memory market, but technology advances such as the 8Gb DDR3 monolithic devices and both 4Gb and 8Gb DDR4 will give buyers more options," said Iuorio. "Another hot technology to watch will be BLE beacons, applications of which are quickly expanding from the consumer world into the commercial, medical, connected home and personal asset tracking markets."
Each month, Avnet's Market & Technology Trends report details lead times, pricing trends, allocations, new product releases and end-of-life status on nearly 18 broad product categories from the company's line card of more than 300 suppliers. The report provides customers with the information they need to minimize sourcing risk and accelerate development of differentiated products.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Report: Crytek Shanghai studio closes due to unpaid rent
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- HDD is going bad. Best way to transfer to new HDD?
- Phanteks EVOLV MATX Micro-Tower Chassis Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti