Lenovo has been honored with the Corporate Governance Excellence Award (Hang Seng Index Constituent Companies Category) and Sustainability Excellence Award at the "Hong Kong Corporate Governance Excellence Awards 2014." Lenovo is one of the new awardees in the 2014 Awards, reaffirming the company's excellent standard of corporate governance and sustainability.
The Hong Kong Corporate Governance Excellence Awards are jointly organized by The Chamber of Hong Kong Listed Companies and the Centre for Corporate Governance and Financial Policy of Hong Kong Baptist University. These prestigious awards provide recognition for listed companies that exhibit a holistic approach to corporate governance and business ethics. The judging panel considers companies for realizing outstanding commitments to shareholder rights, compliance, integrity, fairness, responsibility, accountability, transparency, board independence and leadership and corporate social responsibility.
A special award on Sustainability Excellence was also granted to Lenovo, in recognition of the company's achievements in sustainability.
Wong Waiming, Executive Vice President and CFO of Lenovo said, "It is our great honor to receive these two awards for the first time, which affirm our exemplary achievement in corporate governance and sustainability. We believe it is critical to uphold high standards of corporate governance in order to enhance the company's transparency and accountability to our stakeholders. At the same time, providing a sustainable business model ensures that we are well-positioned to take advantage of the opportunities in the market and to maintain strong business growth."
In addition to the above achievements, Lenovo has recently been presented the platinum award in the Best Corporate Governance Disclosure Awards 2014 (H-share companies and other Mainland enterprises category), organized by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Lenovo was once again recognized as a leading company in the quality of its all-round corporate governance disclosure and practices. This is the second year in a row that Lenovo has received this recognition.
Latest News Posts
- Intel next-gen Xeon: 59% faster, up to 6TB Optane RAM
- Facebook Live goes social with Live videos with friends
- OnePlus 5 will feature Snapdragon 835, confirms CEO
- Divinity Original Sin 2 launches this September
- Unity valued at $2.8 billion
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Asus active pen (for T303UA)
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017