Lenovo has been honored with the Corporate Governance Excellence Award (Hang Seng Index Constituent Companies Category) and Sustainability Excellence Award at the "Hong Kong Corporate Governance Excellence Awards 2014." Lenovo is one of the new awardees in the 2014 Awards, reaffirming the company's excellent standard of corporate governance and sustainability.
The Hong Kong Corporate Governance Excellence Awards are jointly organized by The Chamber of Hong Kong Listed Companies and the Centre for Corporate Governance and Financial Policy of Hong Kong Baptist University. These prestigious awards provide recognition for listed companies that exhibit a holistic approach to corporate governance and business ethics. The judging panel considers companies for realizing outstanding commitments to shareholder rights, compliance, integrity, fairness, responsibility, accountability, transparency, board independence and leadership and corporate social responsibility.
A special award on Sustainability Excellence was also granted to Lenovo, in recognition of the company's achievements in sustainability.
Wong Waiming, Executive Vice President and CFO of Lenovo said, "It is our great honor to receive these two awards for the first time, which affirm our exemplary achievement in corporate governance and sustainability. We believe it is critical to uphold high standards of corporate governance in order to enhance the company's transparency and accountability to our stakeholders. At the same time, providing a sustainable business model ensures that we are well-positioned to take advantage of the opportunities in the market and to maintain strong business growth."
In addition to the above achievements, Lenovo has recently been presented the platinum award in the Best Corporate Governance Disclosure Awards 2014 (H-share companies and other Mainland enterprises category), organized by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Lenovo was once again recognized as a leading company in the quality of its all-round corporate governance disclosure and practices. This is the second year in a row that Lenovo has received this recognition.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new 17.7.2 drivers include Enhanced Sync, and more
- HTC Standalone VR headset launches in China
- GTA V tops June console earnings with new monthly high
- Nintendo Switch hits 4.7 million install base
- Huawei launches overpriced Porsche Design Watch 2
- Lian-Li PC-O5SW...Watercooling and dimensions
- Toshiba XG5 1TB OEM M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Need for Speed Payback takes cars from scrap to stock to supercar in new trailer
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available