Next Generation Acer Aspire One Netbook Now Available for U.S. Customers
Acer America, part of the world's third largest PC company, today announced U.S. availability of the 10.1-inch Aspire One AOD150, expanding the company's growing family of popular netbooks. The new Aspire One AOD150 comes on the heels of its highly successful 8.9-inch predecessor. The global market share leader in the netbook category, Acer is offering the 10.1-inch Aspire One AOD150 to U.S. customers today with prices beginning at $349.99.
The new 10.1-inch Aspire One provides continuous access to the Internet in an easy-to-use, stylish design with a similar ultra-compact footprint as the original 8.9-inch version. The netbook is designed to be an affordable and simple solution for Web browsing, checking email, instant messaging, VOIP calls, streaming video, viewing photos and listening to music.
"The success of the Aspire One netbook illustrates the enormous demand consumers have for mobile devices that keep them connected," said Sumit Agnihotry, vice president of product management for Acer America. "The new 10.1-inch Aspire One has something for everyone, whether a business user continuously on-the-go, a young student needing an introductory PC, or tech aficionado seeking a lightweight, secondary device with enduring battery power. Netbooks are an ideal solution for those who want a balance of mobility and productivity for quick and easy access to the Internet and other computing needs."
Combining ultra-portability and design
Engineered for mobility and weighing less than three pounds, the Aspire One utilizes the Intel Atom processor which combines performance and efficiency to stay connected while on-the-go. The Aspire One comes with a six-cell battery, providing up to six hours of computing power, twice the amount of the previous platform. Featuring Windows XP Home, 1GB of memory, integrated 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi network connectivity, and a generous 160GB internal hard drive to store plenty of digital albums, music and documents, the Aspire One is a simple and reliable mobile computing solution.
The Aspire One has a 10.1-inch CrystalBrite backlit display, offering a broader viewing area for Web page navigation and data input. For communication needs, the netbook is equipped with the Acer Crystal Eye webcam, delivering smooth video streaming and high quality images for online chats and business video conferences, even in low-light situations. A built-in digital microphone conveys superior voice quality, keeping background noise levels low and minimizing echoes.
The Aspire one is available in four high-gloss color options including seashell white, sapphire blue, ruby red and diamond black. Evoking speed and mobility, the netbook includes stylish details such as an aerodynamic-shaped metallic hinge with a colored accent and a brushed-metal palm rest, which offer a refined design element.
Acer Aspire One AOD150 Specifications
- Intel Atom Processor N270 (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 Cache)
- Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3
- 10.1-inch WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD 1024 x 600
- Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset
- 1024MB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM Single Channel Memory
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- 160GB SATA 5400RPM Hard Drive
- Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
- Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
- Acer Crystal Eye Web Camera
- Two Built-in Stereo Speakers
- Three USB 2.0 Ports
- 6-cell Li-ion Battery (4400 mAh)
- 2.95 lbs.
- 10.2" (W) x 8.0" (D) x 1.31" (H)
In addition to Windows XP Home, the Aspire one comes with additional preinstalled software includes Acer eRecovery Management, Acer Launch Manager, Adobe Reader, McAfee Internet Security Suite, Microsoft Office Trial 2007.
Pricing and Availability
The Aspire One AOD150 netbook is available now via Acer's authorized resellers and at major retailers nationwide, with prices beginning at $349.99. The Aspire one comes with a one-year limited warranty.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ: 31.5-inch 1440p 144Hz FreeSync
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 Katana: hands-on with the ninja
- GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti HOF Limited Edition detailed
- GALAX shows off GTX 1080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card