Today CalDigit, the company of choice for the content creation industry, announces that the Thunderbolt Station 2 will be shipping from January 26th 2015, and is available to pre-order now for a discounted price of $169.99 until January 25th 2015. The Thunderbolt Station 2 is the follow up to the original Thunderbolt Station from CalDigit that allowed users to connect multiple devices through a single Thunderbolt cable. The new Thunderbolt Station 2 now features dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, dual eSATA 6G ports, HDMI, three USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and Audio in/out.
Thunderbolt Station 2 - One Cable Does it All
The Thunderbolt Station 2 allows users to connect all their devices through a single Thunderbolt cable. Featuring dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for integrating a 4K workflow, the Thunderbolt Station 2 allows users to connect a high-resolution 4K monitor to the HDMI port. This is ideal for professional users who need to connect modern 4K displays to their computers.
"The power of Thunderbolt 2 allows the Thunderbolt Station 2 to be the central hub of modern 4K workflows. Not only can users connect a 4K monitor, they can also daisy-chain 4K capable devices such as Thunderbolt storage for the ultimate 4K workflows", said Kosta Panagos, Director of Marketing at CalDigit.
The Thunderbolt Station 2 features three SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports. The front facing USB 3.0 port features Stand-Alone Charging. This means that users can charge their devices without the Thunderbolt Station 2 being connected to a computer. This is incredibly convenient for charging iPhones or iPads if the computer is being used for something else.
The Thunderbolt Station 2 now features dual eSATA 6G interfaces for connecting eSATA devices, such as RAID storage. Having eSATA along with USB 3.0, and Thunderbolt 2 is incredibly useful for professional users who need to have the convenience of multiple interfaces.
Something that sets the Thunderbolt Station 2 apart from other Thunderbolt docks is the ability to be used in either a horizontal or vertical position. This means that if desk space is at a minimum, the Thunderbolt Station 2 can be used in a vertical position in order to free up space.
Wi-Fi is incredibly convenient, but for the most stable internet connection Gigabit Ethernet cannot be beaten. The Thunderbolt Station 2's Gigabit Ethernet port allows users to connect to a more stable internet connection. A lot of modern computers are missing Ethernet ports in order to become more portable. The Thunderbolt Station 2 brings back the Ethernet port for uninterrupted downloads.
Connecting headphones and microphones to a computer can be a tedious task. However, the Thunderbolt Station 2's Audio In and Out ports make it incredibly convenient to disconnect these devices with just a single Thunderbolt cable. This is especially useful for people recording podcasts, or listening to music.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S8 officially discounted by up to $300
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon 836 will debut with the Pixel 2
- Samsung to produce chips for the iPhone 9, LG batteries
- Facebook is working on a modular smartphone
- Samsung's 1st dual camera phone has an Always On Display
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4