Today CalDigit, the company of choice for the content creation industry, announces that the Thunderbolt Station 2 will be shipping from January 26th 2015, and is available to pre-order now for a discounted price of $169.99 until January 25th 2015. The Thunderbolt Station 2 is the follow up to the original Thunderbolt Station from CalDigit that allowed users to connect multiple devices through a single Thunderbolt cable. The new Thunderbolt Station 2 now features dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, dual eSATA 6G ports, HDMI, three USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and Audio in/out.
Thunderbolt Station 2 - One Cable Does it All
The Thunderbolt Station 2 allows users to connect all their devices through a single Thunderbolt cable. Featuring dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for integrating a 4K workflow, the Thunderbolt Station 2 allows users to connect a high-resolution 4K monitor to the HDMI port. This is ideal for professional users who need to connect modern 4K displays to their computers.
"The power of Thunderbolt 2 allows the Thunderbolt Station 2 to be the central hub of modern 4K workflows. Not only can users connect a 4K monitor, they can also daisy-chain 4K capable devices such as Thunderbolt storage for the ultimate 4K workflows", said Kosta Panagos, Director of Marketing at CalDigit.
The Thunderbolt Station 2 features three SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports. The front facing USB 3.0 port features Stand-Alone Charging. This means that users can charge their devices without the Thunderbolt Station 2 being connected to a computer. This is incredibly convenient for charging iPhones or iPads if the computer is being used for something else.
The Thunderbolt Station 2 now features dual eSATA 6G interfaces for connecting eSATA devices, such as RAID storage. Having eSATA along with USB 3.0, and Thunderbolt 2 is incredibly useful for professional users who need to have the convenience of multiple interfaces.
Something that sets the Thunderbolt Station 2 apart from other Thunderbolt docks is the ability to be used in either a horizontal or vertical position. This means that if desk space is at a minimum, the Thunderbolt Station 2 can be used in a vertical position in order to free up space.
Wi-Fi is incredibly convenient, but for the most stable internet connection Gigabit Ethernet cannot be beaten. The Thunderbolt Station 2's Gigabit Ethernet port allows users to connect to a more stable internet connection. A lot of modern computers are missing Ethernet ports in order to become more portable. The Thunderbolt Station 2 brings back the Ethernet port for uninterrupted downloads.
Connecting headphones and microphones to a computer can be a tedious task. However, the Thunderbolt Station 2's Audio In and Out ports make it incredibly convenient to disconnect these devices with just a single Thunderbolt cable. This is especially useful for people recording podcasts, or listening to music.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017