Hi-Rez Studios, developer of SMITE, the free-to-play mythology-themed action game played by over 5 million people, today announced a flurry of activities to support their Oceanic fan-base. Chief among these announcements is the confirmation that Australian and New Zealand players will be able to compete in events leading to an Oceanic Regional Championship in 2015. The Oceanic Regional Champion will have a path to qualify for the Season 2 Smite World Championship.
After a successful showing at PAX Australia and well received launch of Oceanic servers in November, Hi-Rez Studios is also giving some early Christmas presents to SMITE players in the form of continued support for the region. These include:
- Breakfast of the Gods viewing parties for the finals of the inaugural SMITE World Championships, to be held on the morning of Monday 12 January in several cities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Online Oceanic league ladder - launching today in partnership with CyberGamer.com.au.
- Oceanic SMITE-Nites - regular community nights every Thors-day for local fans to find team-mates and play
- Local Agency - appointment of Surprise Attack Consulting to manage Oceanic activity on the ground.
"It was great to meet so many SMITE fans at PAX Australia and feel their love for the game," said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of Hi-Rez Studios. "We're really excited to ramp up our activities in Oceania and can't wait to see what Australian and New Zealand players bring to the Season 2 next year."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives