For the first time since the launch of the Skylanders® franchise, two entirely new elements - Light and Dark - will be unleashed in the world of Skylands, announced Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
Two new Trap Masters, Knight Mare and Knight Light, will hit store shelves nationwide this holiday season via special Light and Dark Element Expansion Packs, ushering in new adventures in the lore of Skylanders® Trap Team. Each Element Expansion Pack contains a Trap Master, a special Trap capable of capturing either Light or Dark villains, as well as a location piece that unlocks a special level in the game. The Light and Dark Element Expansion Packs will be available at all major retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $29.99. Lucky Skylanders fans will be able to get their hands-on copies of the Light Element Expansion Pack, which will be available first at Toys"R"Us® stores nationwide starting Sunday, December 21.
Portal Masters will have the opportunity to explore new levels within the Skylanders Trap Team universe, where they will find never-before-seen villains to capture and environments to explore. Amongst these villains are Luminous and Nightshade, who belong to the Doom Raiders - the elite members of Kaos' army of Skylands' most notorious bad guys.
"It's amazing to see how deeply engrossed and fascinated our fans have been with the lore of the Skylanders franchise," said John Coyne, vice president of Consumer Marketing at Activision Publishing, Inc. "By unveiling new Light and Dark elements and heroes to the Skylanders universe, our fans around the world will have new ways of exploring all the magic, excitement and fun of Skylands."
The introduction of Light and Dark elements reveals additional backstory of the Skylanders universe for fans to explore. Long ago, Knight Light and Knight Mare were both protectors of Skylands until being sealed off in other realms. Now that they have joined the Trap Masters, Knight Light wields his Traptanium Blade and Knight Mare unleashes her deadly Traptanium Lance to bring down evil everywhere!
Skylanders Trap Team is playable with more than 175 unique toys from all previous games - Skylanders® SWAP Force, Skylanders® Giants and Skylanders® Spyro's Adventure. Every character is able to defeat and trap villains using Traptanium Traps, providing fans more ways to enjoy their collections. The game is available on the following platforms: Nintendo's Wii system and Nintendo's Wii U system; Xbox One and Xbox 360 games and entertainment systems from Microsoft; and PlayStation® 3 and PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment systems from Sony. A different adventure is also available on the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system. Additionally, the complete Skylanders Trap Team experience is available on Kindle Fire and Android tablets, as well as a variety of iPads®, including iPad® (3rd Generation), iPad® (4th Generation), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini 3.
Latest News Posts
- Acer's new Predator Z35P: 35-inch 3440x1440 100Hz G-Sync
- Crackdown 3 coming to PC, is an Xbox Play Anywhere title
- Samsung unveils bendable/stretchable OLED display
- MSI scoops 5 awards for Computex Best Choice Award 2017
- Surface Pro continues to evolve, now packs Kaby Lake
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning