LG Electronics (LG) today globally announced a new 4K ULTRA HD TV with quantum dot technology as a new component of its expanded TV lineup at the 2015 International CES®, Jan. 6-9 in Las Vegas. LG's 4K ULTRA HD TVs with quantum dot technology will offer a wider colour palette and improved colour saturation compared to conventional LED LCD TVs. LG Electronics has confirmed this new line-up will be launched in 2015 to complement LG's 4K ULTRA HD TV and OLED TV offerings.
LG's quantum dot technology displays an impressively wide colour gamut, making it ideal for high quality content. The technology works by harnessing nano crystals that range in size from 2 to 10 nanometres. Each dot emits a different colour depending on its size. By adding a film of quantum dots in front of the LED backlight, picture colour reproduction rate and overall brightness are enhanced.
Since the nano-sized dots emit extraordinarily vivid colours, quantum dot technology is able to enhance the already stunning colour expression of LG's 4K ULTRA HD In-Plane Switching (IPS) displays. The colour reproduction rate in LG's IPS panels, which offers high colour accuracy and wide viewing angles, is increased with the addition of the quantum dot film.
"Quantum dot's vibrant and vivid colour reproduction capabilities bring LG's LED/LCD TVs to the next level when it comes to picture quality," said In-kyu Lee, senior vice president and head of the TV and monitor division at the LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. "The addition of 4K ULTRA HD TV with quantum dot technology to our TV lineup positioned under our award-winning OLED TVs further establishes LG as a leading provider of the most diverse and innovative TV display technologies in the industry."
Visitors to LG's booth at CES 2015 (Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall #8204) from Jan. 6-9 will have the opportunity to see LG's stunning 4K ULTRA HD TVs with their own eyes.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- Mafia 3 demo released, offers 50% discount on full game
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design