Today Ultimate Ears announced the Graffiti Fetish Edition UE BOOM, expanding its limited edition lineup of multi award-winning UE BOOM speakers to now include five artist editions. Designed by INSA, one of the United Kingdom's most celebrated graffiti artists, this collaboration celebrates the fusion of two art forms, music and graffiti gifs.
In just a few short years, INSA has left a physical and digital mark on the art community with his distinctive use of color, shapes and technology. INSA's animated graffiti gifs, popularly known as 'GIF-ITI,' are transforming the street craft by combining offline art with online capabilities. By meticulously painting and photographing a variety of painted graffiti layers, INSA then brings his street art to life through animated gifs. Now, he is bringing his popular shapes to life with music, on the acoustic skin of UE BOOM.
"UE BOOM is one of the most innovative speakers out there, and it's cool to combine my art with a device that brings even more creativity to the world," said INSA. "This collaboration is also a new way of putting my art out there. The fact that I am adding my design to the shape and texture of the UE BOOM - something I take with me and use in my everyday life, whether it's on a scaffolding when I'm painting a wall or at the studio - made this an exciting project for me."
Introduced in 2013, UE BOOM has won four prestigious design awards, and is continuously evolving with industry-defining features, such as alarm functionality, custom tuning and two-speaker pairing - the Double Up feature - delivered through software updates. Built to withstand the rigors of life, UE BOOM has a cylindrical shape that blasts bold 360-degree sound, and it features a water- and stain-resistant acoustic skin and up to 15 hours of battery life.
"UE BOOM gives us a new take on the longstanding tradition of enjoying music, much like INSA gives us a new spin on street art with his 'GIF-ITI,'" said Rory Dooley, general manager of Ultimate Ears. "By coming together as two innovators in art, we're able to make something more visually appealing and beautiful sounding than ever before. It's an exciting collaboration."
Pricing and Availability
The Graffiti Fetish Edition UE BOOM is expected to be available in the U.S. and in select countries in Europe beginning in December 2014 for a suggested retail price of $199.99. For more information, please visit http://www.ultimateears.com or http://www.makemusicsocial.com. To find out more about INSA, please visit http://www.insaland.com/.
INSA is an internationally renowned artist based in London, UK. His output includes diverse media from installations to products. His work has exhibited at galleries and museums around the world including the Tate Britain, London. He has worked with major brands including Nike, Kangol, Evisu, Ketel One, Warsteiner & more.
About Ultimate Ears
Ultimate Ears, a brand of Logitech, revolutionized the way artists perform music on stage with the creation of its custom fit professional earphones in 1995. Today, more touring artists use Ultimate Ears than any other brand, and UE makes critically acclaimed earphones and speakers that are redefining the way people experience the music they love. Ultimate Ears is the leading supplier of custom fitted earphones for professional musicians and an emerging provider of premium speakers and earphones for the consumer market. For more information, please visit http://www.ultimateears.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- AMD compares Radeon RX Vega to GTX 1080 in Battlefield 1
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court