Today Ultimate Ears announced the Graffiti Fetish Edition UE BOOM, expanding its limited edition lineup of multi award-winning UE BOOM speakers to now include five artist editions. Designed by INSA, one of the United Kingdom's most celebrated graffiti artists, this collaboration celebrates the fusion of two art forms, music and graffiti gifs.
In just a few short years, INSA has left a physical and digital mark on the art community with his distinctive use of color, shapes and technology. INSA's animated graffiti gifs, popularly known as 'GIF-ITI,' are transforming the street craft by combining offline art with online capabilities. By meticulously painting and photographing a variety of painted graffiti layers, INSA then brings his street art to life through animated gifs. Now, he is bringing his popular shapes to life with music, on the acoustic skin of UE BOOM.
"UE BOOM is one of the most innovative speakers out there, and it's cool to combine my art with a device that brings even more creativity to the world," said INSA. "This collaboration is also a new way of putting my art out there. The fact that I am adding my design to the shape and texture of the UE BOOM - something I take with me and use in my everyday life, whether it's on a scaffolding when I'm painting a wall or at the studio - made this an exciting project for me."
Introduced in 2013, UE BOOM has won four prestigious design awards, and is continuously evolving with industry-defining features, such as alarm functionality, custom tuning and two-speaker pairing - the Double Up feature - delivered through software updates. Built to withstand the rigors of life, UE BOOM has a cylindrical shape that blasts bold 360-degree sound, and it features a water- and stain-resistant acoustic skin and up to 15 hours of battery life.
"UE BOOM gives us a new take on the longstanding tradition of enjoying music, much like INSA gives us a new spin on street art with his 'GIF-ITI,'" said Rory Dooley, general manager of Ultimate Ears. "By coming together as two innovators in art, we're able to make something more visually appealing and beautiful sounding than ever before. It's an exciting collaboration."
Pricing and Availability
The Graffiti Fetish Edition UE BOOM is expected to be available in the U.S. and in select countries in Europe beginning in December 2014 for a suggested retail price of $199.99. For more information, please visit http://www.ultimateears.com or http://www.makemusicsocial.com. To find out more about INSA, please visit http://www.insaland.com/.
INSA is an internationally renowned artist based in London, UK. His output includes diverse media from installations to products. His work has exhibited at galleries and museums around the world including the Tate Britain, London. He has worked with major brands including Nike, Kangol, Evisu, Ketel One, Warsteiner & more.
About Ultimate Ears
Ultimate Ears, a brand of Logitech, revolutionized the way artists perform music on stage with the creation of its custom fit professional earphones in 1995. Today, more touring artists use Ultimate Ears than any other brand, and UE makes critically acclaimed earphones and speakers that are redefining the way people experience the music they love. Ultimate Ears is the leading supplier of custom fitted earphones for professional musicians and an emerging provider of premium speakers and earphones for the consumer market. For more information, please visit http://www.ultimateears.com.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni