Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced today the shipping of the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepads, a new range of controllers designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Previewed earlier in the year at Mobile World Congress, the C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i are the first controllers in the Company's GameSmart mobile product range designed for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 and iPod touch (5th Generation) running iOS 8 and iOS 7.
Featuring a premium build and high quality components, such as pressure sensitive action buttons and D-Pad, the C.T.R.L.i allows for immersive, complex gaming when used with controller-compatible iOS games. For those who prefer compact control, the Micro C.T.R.L.i is approximately 20% smaller than the regular controller, ideal for on-the-go gaming or for younger gamers.
"Thanks to technology like Metal, gaming on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is approaching the quality traditionally seen on home consoles. The C.T.R.L.i products have been designed to capitalize on these rich gaming experiences and, whether playing on the move or when connected to the big screen, the C.T.R.L.i delivers uncompromised control," said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. "We believe our strong heritage in specialty controllers has allowed us to bring an extremely distinctive controller for iOS devices to market and we are confident that the competitive price combined with the high specification will prove enticing to gamers of all ages."
Power efficient wireless Bluetooth technology provides up to 30 hours of gameplay via 2 x AAA batteries, and gamers can choose to mount their device to their C.T.R.L.i via the travel clip (included), or remove and play untethered should they wish. Gamers can choose to install the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8 or iOS 7, allowing users to update firmware and providing input diagnostics for battery level and button and axis input. In addition, the app also displays an updated list of gamepad compatible iOS games.
The Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app is available from the App Store.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4