Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. announced today the shipping of the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i Mobile Gamepads, a new range of controllers designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Previewed earlier in the year at Mobile World Congress, the C.T.R.L.i and Micro C.T.R.L.i are the first controllers in the Company's GameSmart mobile product range designed for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 and iPod touch (5th Generation) running iOS 8 and iOS 7.
Featuring a premium build and high quality components, such as pressure sensitive action buttons and D-Pad, the C.T.R.L.i allows for immersive, complex gaming when used with controller-compatible iOS games. For those who prefer compact control, the Micro C.T.R.L.i is approximately 20% smaller than the regular controller, ideal for on-the-go gaming or for younger gamers.
"Thanks to technology like Metal, gaming on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is approaching the quality traditionally seen on home consoles. The C.T.R.L.i products have been designed to capitalize on these rich gaming experiences and, whether playing on the move or when connected to the big screen, the C.T.R.L.i delivers uncompromised control," said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. "We believe our strong heritage in specialty controllers has allowed us to bring an extremely distinctive controller for iOS devices to market and we are confident that the competitive price combined with the high specification will prove enticing to gamers of all ages."
Power efficient wireless Bluetooth technology provides up to 30 hours of gameplay via 2 x AAA batteries, and gamers can choose to mount their device to their C.T.R.L.i via the travel clip (included), or remove and play untethered should they wish. Gamers can choose to install the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8 or iOS 7, allowing users to update firmware and providing input diagnostics for battery level and button and axis input. In addition, the app also displays an updated list of gamepad compatible iOS games.
The Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i app is available from the App Store.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards