Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive, an innovative device that blends the benefits of high-capacity external storage with the ultimate in wireless freedom. Users can connect to their Chromecast device (sold separately) to experience their personal digital content such as movies, music and photos - by downloading Toshiba's Google Cast Ready app to cast entertainment from the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive to an HDTV. The 1TB Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive is a fast and reliable all-in-one device that helps manage storage needs wirelessly.
"Storage needs are changing. By understanding the importance of mobility, we have taken storage to the next level. With integrated wireless capabilities, we empower our users to share and stream their personal digital content the way they want, wirelessly," said Maciek Brzeski, vice president, Branded Storage, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "The Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive fills a real need for consumers - they're now able to enjoy the content that they own, wirelessly on the home television."
Users can easily upload and back up content from their mobile devices directly to the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive for secure, centralized storage. Instant access is available to stored files through the device's own local Wi-Fi connection (no Internet required). The Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive has a battery life of up to five hours and can connect simultaneously with up to six devices, making accessing and sharing files from the digital library easier than ever.
Also announced today, the Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter, extends the usefulness of existing hard drives, letting users wirelessly upload, share, download and stream their stored digital library from the hard drive to any connected mobile device. The Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Android mobile devices.
The release of the Canvio AeroCast Wireless Hard Drive and Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter expands Toshiba's portfolio of wireless products, which is aimed at satisfying a broad range of customer needs. Previously announced were the Canvio Wireless Adapter and Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD, which are both now on sale.
Toshiba has been providing storage solutions worldwide since 1967 and has more than 47 years of experience developing storage offerings that complement our comprehensive ecosystem of devices. Leveraging an annual $3.1 billion investment in research and development, Toshiba continues to push the boundaries of storage technology to meet customers' needs.
Pricing and Availability
The 1TB Canvio AeroCast will be available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/ for $219.99 MSRP beginning on December 11, 2014. The Canvio Cast Wireless Adapter will be available for purchase at select retailers and on toshiba.com/us/ for $79.99 MSRP beginning on December 11, 2014.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni