QNAP, Inc., a global network attached storage (NAS) company, today announced that it is now shipping its new 4 GB model of the TS-x51 Series Turbo NAS, which features a potent Intel Bay Trail Celeron dual-core processor, a solid upgrade from the Atom processor, and comes standard with the latest QTS 4.1 operating system and is designed specifically for Virtualization Station, an exclusive feature that allows users to run and manage a virtual machine directly on the NAS. In addition, the 4 GB upgrade also gives this series the capability to run multiple memory-intensive applications simultaneously.
The TS-x51 Series is the world's first consumer-grade NAS that supports Intel VT-x and virtual machine applications. Just download the Virtualization Station App from the QNAP App Center, and you can install and manage multiple operating systems such as Windows, Linux and even Android on your NAS. The virtual machines can be used in variety of different ways to boost the functionality of your Turbo NAS.
About Virtualization Station
QNAP is the world's first NAS solution provider that realizes both Cloud Storage and Virtual Computing on its NAS devices. With the introduction of the Virtualization Station, an industry first, QNAP users now not only can have their own private cloud storage but also have the ability to set up and run their own virtual servers on the NAS. On the QNAP private cloud platform, you can easily host different virtual machines on the NAS for your home or a small business.
Virtualization Station feature highlights:
- Direct access to files and data via VM - Admins can install Windows, Linux or Android OS on the Turbo NAS to run any support application file
- Save bandwidth and time - Data is not transmitted via physical network cables
- Enhanced security - Data is not transmitted outside the NAS providing a secure environment that prevents sensitive data from being intercepted
- User-based permissions settings - Admin can assign VMs to users and set different permissions
- Monitor all NIC traffic and assign a specific NIC exclusively to a single VM
- Operate VMs using remote desktops for utmost convenience
The 4 GB TS-x51 series (available in 2,4,6 and 8 bay models) are now in stock and ready to ship.
Latest News Posts
- PC manufacturers could receive Microsoft Windows 10 starting in July
- The Google Gmail email service tops 900 million global users
- IDC: PC sales dropping ahead of Windows 10, as competition tightens
- EUROCOM boasts NVIDIA Quadro graphics, 32GB RAM, M.2 SSDs and more
- Jawbone sues Fitbit as fitness trackers go to war
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- EUROCOM P7 Pro Mobile Workstation supports a full line of MXM 3.0b NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, K3100M and K1100M professional graphics and Intel Core i7-4700 Desktop Processor Series
- More Performance, Features, and Value: New AMD A-Series Desktop Processors Deliver Best-In-Class Experience for eSports and Online Gaming
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project