QNAP Systems, Inc. announced today that Turbo NAS products now support the new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives and WD Red Pro NAS hard drives. Specifically designed for NAS applications and featuring exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, the new WD Red and WD Red Pro hard drives provide enhanced reliability and performance for NAS applications.
The new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives are designed for NAS systems with up to 8 drive bays and can easily meet the growing data storage demands of SOHO and home users. The WD Red Pro NAS hard drives are designed to provide affordable, robust and highly-reliable hard drives for medium-to-large-scale business NAS systems with 8-16 drive bays.
"Fueled by the continuous growth of the global NAS market, WD Red NAS hard drives now offer larger capacities to fulfill the data storage needs of home NAS users. With the addition of WD Red Pro, the expanded WD Red family now offers medium to large business NAS systems a key solution for handling the increasing workloads in modern business environments," said Darrin Bulik, Director of Digital Video & NAS Products, WD Storage Technology. "We have worked closely with QNAP to ensure compatibility for WD Red &WD Red Pro NAS drives with Turbo NAS, providing users with reliable hard drives for optimal performance and robust data protection."
"We are glad to offer our users more options in choosing suitable hard drives for their Turbo NAS by fully supporting WD's latest NAS drives," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. "By using the new WD Red hard drives, our users will enjoy higher capacities, greater reliability, and an enhanced WD service."
The new WD Red hard drives and WD Red Pro hard drives are available in 3.5-inch form factors and SATA 6 Gb/s interface to provide capacity-optimized solutions, including:
- WD Red 5 TB (WD50EFRX ) and 6 TB (WD60EFRX); 3-year limited warranty
- WD Red Pro 2 TB (WD2001FFSX), 3 TB (WD3001FFSX), and 4 TB (WD4001FFSX); 5-year limited warranty
For more information about WD Red NAS hard drives, visit http://wdc.com/en/products/internal/nas/
Latest News Posts
- SSDs aren't used for storage according to the CEO of Seagate
- EVGA teases its new X99 Micro2 mATX motherboard with USB 3.1 Type-C
- Over 14 million people installed Windows 10 in the first 24 hours
- Cardiac microchip able to offer patients warning to heart problems
- Chinese launching chaotic number of attacks against US infrastructure
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Addonics AD2U31PX2 USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe 2X Add-On Card Review
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis