QNAP Systems, Inc. announced today that Turbo NAS products now support the new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives and WD Red Pro NAS hard drives. Specifically designed for NAS applications and featuring exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, the new WD Red and WD Red Pro hard drives provide enhanced reliability and performance for NAS applications.
The new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives are designed for NAS systems with up to 8 drive bays and can easily meet the growing data storage demands of SOHO and home users. The WD Red Pro NAS hard drives are designed to provide affordable, robust and highly-reliable hard drives for medium-to-large-scale business NAS systems with 8-16 drive bays.
"Fueled by the continuous growth of the global NAS market, WD Red NAS hard drives now offer larger capacities to fulfill the data storage needs of home NAS users. With the addition of WD Red Pro, the expanded WD Red family now offers medium to large business NAS systems a key solution for handling the increasing workloads in modern business environments," said Darrin Bulik, Director of Digital Video & NAS Products, WD Storage Technology. "We have worked closely with QNAP to ensure compatibility for WD Red &WD Red Pro NAS drives with Turbo NAS, providing users with reliable hard drives for optimal performance and robust data protection."
"We are glad to offer our users more options in choosing suitable hard drives for their Turbo NAS by fully supporting WD's latest NAS drives," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. "By using the new WD Red hard drives, our users will enjoy higher capacities, greater reliability, and an enhanced WD service."
The new WD Red hard drives and WD Red Pro hard drives are available in 3.5-inch form factors and SATA 6 Gb/s interface to provide capacity-optimized solutions, including:
- WD Red 5 TB (WD50EFRX ) and 6 TB (WD60EFRX); 3-year limited warranty
- WD Red Pro 2 TB (WD2001FFSX), 3 TB (WD3001FFSX), and 4 TB (WD4001FFSX); 5-year limited warranty
For more information about WD Red NAS hard drives, visit http://wdc.com/en/products/internal/nas/
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Shadow of Mordor sequel optimized for Project Scorpio
- Nintendo Switch will have handheld-only mobile games
- Weekly hardware deals: Jet's extra $30 off GTX 1080
- Samsung introduces Gear VR with Controller
- Nintendo Switch battery lasts 5 hours at max brightness
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity