QNAP Systems, Inc. announced today that Turbo NAS products now support the new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives and WD Red Pro NAS hard drives. Specifically designed for NAS applications and featuring exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, the new WD Red and WD Red Pro hard drives provide enhanced reliability and performance for NAS applications.
The new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives are designed for NAS systems with up to 8 drive bays and can easily meet the growing data storage demands of SOHO and home users. The WD Red Pro NAS hard drives are designed to provide affordable, robust and highly-reliable hard drives for medium-to-large-scale business NAS systems with 8-16 drive bays.
"Fueled by the continuous growth of the global NAS market, WD Red NAS hard drives now offer larger capacities to fulfill the data storage needs of home NAS users. With the addition of WD Red Pro, the expanded WD Red family now offers medium to large business NAS systems a key solution for handling the increasing workloads in modern business environments," said Darrin Bulik, Director of Digital Video & NAS Products, WD Storage Technology. "We have worked closely with QNAP to ensure compatibility for WD Red &WD Red Pro NAS drives with Turbo NAS, providing users with reliable hard drives for optimal performance and robust data protection."
"We are glad to offer our users more options in choosing suitable hard drives for their Turbo NAS by fully supporting WD's latest NAS drives," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. "By using the new WD Red hard drives, our users will enjoy higher capacities, greater reliability, and an enhanced WD service."
The new WD Red hard drives and WD Red Pro hard drives are available in 3.5-inch form factors and SATA 6 Gb/s interface to provide capacity-optimized solutions, including:
- WD Red 5 TB (WD50EFRX ) and 6 TB (WD60EFRX); 3-year limited warranty
- WD Red Pro 2 TB (WD2001FFSX), 3 TB (WD3001FFSX), and 4 TB (WD4001FFSX); 5-year limited warranty
For more information about WD Red NAS hard drives, visit http://wdc.com/en/products/internal/nas/
Latest News Posts
- Huawei secures 33% increase in profits for 2014
- Court grants RadioShack, Sprint co-branding of retail stores
- Sony unveils limited edition Batman: Arkham Knight PS4 console
- No selfie sticks at Coachella or Lollapalooza for you
- Virtual reality looks appealing, but supporters must solve problems
- E2200 Killer Ethernet driver for Linux with Wakeup-On-Lan WOL
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Review - Add Storage to your iOS Device
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi