QNAP Systems, Inc. announced today that Turbo NAS products now support the new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives and WD Red Pro NAS hard drives. Specifically designed for NAS applications and featuring exclusive NASware 3.0 technology, the new WD Red and WD Red Pro hard drives provide enhanced reliability and performance for NAS applications.
The new WD Red 5/6 TB NAS hard drives are designed for NAS systems with up to 8 drive bays and can easily meet the growing data storage demands of SOHO and home users. The WD Red Pro NAS hard drives are designed to provide affordable, robust and highly-reliable hard drives for medium-to-large-scale business NAS systems with 8-16 drive bays.
"Fueled by the continuous growth of the global NAS market, WD Red NAS hard drives now offer larger capacities to fulfill the data storage needs of home NAS users. With the addition of WD Red Pro, the expanded WD Red family now offers medium to large business NAS systems a key solution for handling the increasing workloads in modern business environments," said Darrin Bulik, Director of Digital Video & NAS Products, WD Storage Technology. "We have worked closely with QNAP to ensure compatibility for WD Red &WD Red Pro NAS drives with Turbo NAS, providing users with reliable hard drives for optimal performance and robust data protection."
"We are glad to offer our users more options in choosing suitable hard drives for their Turbo NAS by fully supporting WD's latest NAS drives," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. "By using the new WD Red hard drives, our users will enjoy higher capacities, greater reliability, and an enhanced WD service."
The new WD Red hard drives and WD Red Pro hard drives are available in 3.5-inch form factors and SATA 6 Gb/s interface to provide capacity-optimized solutions, including:
- WD Red 5 TB (WD50EFRX ) and 6 TB (WD60EFRX); 3-year limited warranty
- WD Red Pro 2 TB (WD2001FFSX), 3 TB (WD3001FFSX), and 4 TB (WD4001FFSX); 5-year limited warranty
For more information about WD Red NAS hard drives, visit http://wdc.com/en/products/internal/nas/
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One S now gets free game of choice from Microsoft
- Apple's total cost to manufacture the iPhone 7 is $225
- Dota 2 the first to host a tournament on a cruise ship
- NVIDIA chip in the 'next revolutionary Apple product'
- Our closest look at the Google Pixel smartphone yet
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now