FLASH MEMORY SUMMIT, SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 6, 2014 - LSI, an Avago Technologies Company (NASDAQ: AVGO), today announced breakthrough performance and endurance demonstrations of its third-generation SandForce® SF3700 flash controller. After successfully introducing industry-leading sequential performance of 1800MB/s, the SF3700 is now demonstrating mixed 80/20 (read/write) workload performance of up to 1300MB/s with a native PCIe interface. This incredible real-world performance is supported by the integrated SHIELDTM error correction with hard and soft LDPC and DSP technology, engineered to meet the associated endurance requirements.
The SF3700 performance and endurance represents a substantial improvement over competitive flash controller designs. Unlike current solutions, the SF3700 controller is optimized and architected for bi-directional PCIe traffic, unlocking the maximum performance capability to meet requirements for client and enterprise applications.
"Flash storage solutions used for client computing, big data, and hyperscale enterprises are continuing to grow at unprecedented levels, driving the need for more advanced flash controllers to manage these data-intensive environments," said Thad Omura, vice president of marketing, Flash Components Division, LSI. "The SF3700 is the ideal-building block for next-generation storage solutions with its full-duplex architecture. Both enterprise and client applications will benefit from our proprietary LDPC engine which enables customers to significantly extend NAND flash life by dynamically balancing performance and reliability with minimal latency."
"Storage developers want to ensure they're designing in the best technology available, which is why we worked with LSI to enable our leading-edge 16nm flash memory with their SandForce SF3700 flash controllers," said Kevin Kilbuck, director of NAND marketing at Micron Technology. "Choosing the right flash and controller combination is critical to getting the best performance and endurance from any solid state solution."
LSI is dedicated to providing early support and optimized reliability and endurance for NAND devices and is demonstrating its currently shipping SandForce SF-2000 series flash controllers that support key NAND suppliers including Toshiba, Micron and SK Hynix. Using many of the latest technologies including L95B 16nm and A19nm 128Gb MLC NAND flash, the SF-2000 with SATA continues to outperform many of today's competitive PCIe offerings.
Both the SF3700 and SF-2000 flash controller demonstrations will be available at the LSI booth #404 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. For more information on LSI SandForce flash controllers, visit http://www.lsi.com/sandforce.
Latest News Posts
- Guest stole $35k of stuff from San Francisco Airbnb host
- The Arkansas Governor's URL now points to a LGBT forum
- Report: Konami exploits and "imprisons" employees
- Google pitches in $1m AU to help disadvantaged Aussies learn about IT
- OnePlus co-founder has big ambitions over the next five years
- AMD A-Series A10-7870K Kaveri Refresh APU Review
- BRIX (BXi3H-4010) Unable to install Win10
- Ga-z77x-ud3h via usb 3.0
- Help building new gaming PC
- Xeon x5460 overclocking settings
- Seagate Reports Fiscal Third Quarter 2015 Results
- IBASE Announces ASB200-908 IPC
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth