FLASH MEMORY SUMMIT, SANTA CLARA, Calif., August 6, 2014 - LSI, an Avago Technologies Company (NASDAQ: AVGO), today announced breakthrough performance and endurance demonstrations of its third-generation SandForce® SF3700 flash controller. After successfully introducing industry-leading sequential performance of 1800MB/s, the SF3700 is now demonstrating mixed 80/20 (read/write) workload performance of up to 1300MB/s with a native PCIe interface. This incredible real-world performance is supported by the integrated SHIELDTM error correction with hard and soft LDPC and DSP technology, engineered to meet the associated endurance requirements.
The SF3700 performance and endurance represents a substantial improvement over competitive flash controller designs. Unlike current solutions, the SF3700 controller is optimized and architected for bi-directional PCIe traffic, unlocking the maximum performance capability to meet requirements for client and enterprise applications.
"Flash storage solutions used for client computing, big data, and hyperscale enterprises are continuing to grow at unprecedented levels, driving the need for more advanced flash controllers to manage these data-intensive environments," said Thad Omura, vice president of marketing, Flash Components Division, LSI. "The SF3700 is the ideal-building block for next-generation storage solutions with its full-duplex architecture. Both enterprise and client applications will benefit from our proprietary LDPC engine which enables customers to significantly extend NAND flash life by dynamically balancing performance and reliability with minimal latency."
"Storage developers want to ensure they're designing in the best technology available, which is why we worked with LSI to enable our leading-edge 16nm flash memory with their SandForce SF3700 flash controllers," said Kevin Kilbuck, director of NAND marketing at Micron Technology. "Choosing the right flash and controller combination is critical to getting the best performance and endurance from any solid state solution."
LSI is dedicated to providing early support and optimized reliability and endurance for NAND devices and is demonstrating its currently shipping SandForce SF-2000 series flash controllers that support key NAND suppliers including Toshiba, Micron and SK Hynix. Using many of the latest technologies including L95B 16nm and A19nm 128Gb MLC NAND flash, the SF-2000 with SATA continues to outperform many of today's competitive PCIe offerings.
Both the SF3700 and SF-2000 flash controller demonstrations will be available at the LSI booth #404 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. For more information on LSI SandForce flash controllers, visit http://www.lsi.com/sandforce.
Latest News Posts
- Driver reportedly pulled over for using Apple Watch while driving
- Silk Road creator Ross Ulbricht receives life sentence
- First look of the new Xbox One controller, will launch next month
- UN report: Encryption backdoors violate the human rights of Web users
- New Need for Speed reboot will require Internet connection
- Building render system, need help!
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award
- Lenovo Sets Vision for Future Ecosystem of Connected Devices at Global Tech World Conference
- Lian Li to Showcase Two Updated Desk Chassis Models At COMPUTEX 2015