Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a global leader in digital media and convergence technologies, announced today its newest ultra-slim portable DVD writers, the SE-218GN and SE-208GB optical disc drives (ODDs) with a sleeker design and mobile size for Ultrabook users on-the-go.
Measuring 148.6 x 14 x 146mm (SE-208GB) and 148 x 14.4 x 143(SE-218GN), the drives are ideal for Ultrabook users that need optical media for easy access to stored documents, photos and multimedia content. These new drives feature a new external ODD design by placing the eject button on top of the case to maximize the ease of pressing the eject button instead of on the front bezel.
With its Smart Power Technology the drives' low-power consumption and ability to connect using a single USB port ensures mobile consumers will have a flexible solution that does not overly tax the Ultrabook's battery while outside the home or office. Samsung's Smart Power Technology enables both drives to act as a portable hard disk drive for tablets with available USB connections. Coupled with Samsung's innovative AV Connectivity, tablet users can now enjoy stored multimedia content.
Along with its flexible connectivity options, the drives are equipped with Smart Archive Technology to safely store precious personal data. Unlike other existing optical disc archive technologies, this feature offers a recording quality that is optimized for DVDs that are used to store content for an extended time. The technology follows standard DVD formatting that is compatible with M-discs, archival discs (ISO10995 standard) as well as qualified normal discs.
The new drives are engineered to be compatible with all major operating systems including the new Windows 8 and latest Mac OS versions. Capable of reading and writing files at a variety of speeds across different data media types, the drives include Buffer Under Run technology to prevent errors that can be caused when writing speeds exceed data transfer speeds, while also enabling PC multi-tasking.
As with all Samsung products, the SE-218GN and SE-208GB are eco-friendly, manufactured with lead-free soldering technology that restricts the use of harmful materials such as Pb, cd, cr+6, Hg, PBBs and PBDE.
For more information, please visit this page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft builds its own AI hardware: Project Brainwave
- HP Omen X gaming notebook: GTX 1080, 120Hz LCD, more
- Final Fantasy XV doesn't need 170GB HDD space on PC
- Bungie couldn't get Destiny 2 to hit 60FPS on consoles
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 64: now $700+ on Amazon and Newegg
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience