Power Quotient International Co., Ltd (PQI), the world's leading brand for mobile device storage peripherals, today released its first Apple MFi-certified Lightning Duo USB portable storage drive, the Gmobi iStick. The Gmobi iStick is the only OTG storage device on the market designed exclusively for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It is also the first licensed and quality assured storage peripheral to have passed Apple's rigorous testing standards and user-oriented design requirements.
The Gmobi iStick is the perfect solution to insufficient built-in storage capacity on Apple mobile devices. The Gmobi iStick is equipped with a user-friendly slide switch design: one end is the Lightning interface that allows you to upload or backup data from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and the other end is a standard USB transmission interface that can be connected to a Mac, PC, or tablet computer. Two-way data transfers between mobile devices and notebook computers can be easily achieved with the Gmobi iStick, including various media such as photos, music, and video. With the Gmobi iStick, backing up data is easy and fast.
PQI Global Operations Vice President Gorden Huang explains, "We know that iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users often worry about a lack of storage capacity. Backups to computers and cloud services can be overly complicated and poses potential security risks, which causes users to constantly have a high risk of losing their data because they're not backing up regularly. The PQI Gmobi iStick enables iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users to instantly expand their device's storage capacity and easily backup important files. It's a simple solution to storage and backup problems. The Gmobi iStick also allows users to save their files onto their Mac or PC or transfer files from a Mac or PC onto their iPhone or other mobile device. Simultaneously equipped with both Apple-certified Lightning interface and standard USB interface, the Gmobi iStick makes your mobile lifestyle smarter and stress-free."
Expandable Capacity - Never Worry about Storage Problems on Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch again!
Most people are used to taking photos and video on their smartphone, but when it comes to full storage capacity, that's the problem. Many people often resort to deleting files from their devices, but nobody would want to go through the experience of losing records of precious moments. Now, just by connecting the Gmobi iStick with its Lightning interface to your iPhone or other iDevice, you can use the Gmobi iStick App to back up documents, photos, videos, music, and even your contact list. Your device's storage capacity will be immediately freed up, making it possible to take as many photos and download as many songs and videos as you like. With the Gmobi iStick, you can easily expand storage capacity on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch without spending a fortune on costly large capacity mobile devices.
Makes Sharing and Saving Files Between Different Devices Fast and Easy
Just connect the Gmobi iStick to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and transfer files onto another person's iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and share your favorite music, videos, and photos with friends and family instantly and safely, all without the use of internet, Wi-Fi, cloud service, or iTunes. The standard USB interface on the other end of the iStick can be connected to your Mac or PC. You can download backed up data from your Gmobi iStick, or transfer files such as music and videos from your Mac or PC to your iPhone or other mobile device. Compared to internet, Wi-Fi and cloud transfers or iTunes synchronization, data transfer via the Gmobi iStick is fast, easy, and totally secure. (Supports two-way data transfers with mobile devices using different operating systems.)
Supports Direct Audio & Video Streaming
Gmobi iStick has a transfer bandwidth much wider than wireless methods such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Its transmission rate is fast and energy-efficient. You can use your Gmobi iStick as an effective external storage device for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Whenever you want to listen some music or watch a movie, just connect the Gmobi iStick to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for direct streaming from the Gmobi iStick. This way, you won't need to use up any storage capacity on your device. The Gmobi iStick supports multiple entertainment file formats and high quality video media playback up to 1080p HD.
Effective Protection for Secure Data
Most people are not in the habit of backing up their mobile devices simply because it takes time and effort to back up data to their personal computers or because cloud storage has limited capacity and is potentially unsecure. Users who do not have the habit of regularly backing up their smart devices have the huge risk of losing data. With the Gmobi iStick, everything becomes easy and simple. Just as with standard USB flash drives, the Gmobi iStick does not require third party server operators, an internet connection, or cloud services to transfer data. This is not only a secure and effective mechanism for the protection of your personal data, but also prevents hackers and other third parties from intercepting your data.
PQI Gmobi iStick Product Specifications
- Interface: Standard USB 2.0 & Apple MFi Certified Lightning Interface
- Storage Capacity: 8 GB / 16 GB / 32 GB / 64 GB
- Supported operating systems: iOS, Mac 10.X or above, Win 8 / Win 7 / Vista / XP
- Dimensions: 51 x 28.6 x 9 (mm)
- Net Weight: 9.4 (g)
- Product Warranty: 1 Year
Free Gmobi iStick App Provides Comprehensive Tools for All of Your Entertainment Needs
Full list of functions include:
- Free universal iPhone/iPad/iPod touch iOS app
- Music & Movie Player (able to decode MKV, RMVB, AVI, WMV etc.)
- 1080p HD movie streaming, direct playback from iStick
- Photo & Document (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, PDF, iWork) Viewer
- Open files directly on the Gmobi iStick without the need to copy to iDevice
- Copy/Move files between iDevice and Gmobi iStick
- File Management (Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename/Create Folder)
- Backup photos/videos from iDevice Camera Roll to Gmobi iStick
- Support "Open In" functionality
- Open files from other apps in Gmobi iStick app
- Open files from Gmobi iStick in other apps
- iDevice Contacts backup and restore
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Wireless adapter lets you use Xbox One controller on Windows 10
- Facebook testing new video features
- Six new images show off Surface Pro 4 from every angle
- Save 97% On the Ultimate Data & Analytics Bundle
- Transition between zones 'is seamless' in The Division
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- ASUS ZenBook Pro - ram
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS