Razer, the world leader in entertainment devices and software, today announced its one-year Child's Play/Razer Surround charity drive will conclude on June 30, 2014. The brand will introduce Razer Surround Pro for purchase thereafter.
Last year, Razer waived all charges on its next-generation virtual surround sound audio engine, Razer Surround. Instead Razer collected donations for the charity Child's Play, a game industry charity dedicated to improving children's lives in hospitals around the world. Nearly one million users downloaded Razer Surround and more than $35,000 has been collected for Child's Play to-date.
After June 30, there will be two versions of Razer's audio engine available. The basic variant of Razer Surround comes with a standard virtualization of 7.1 Surround Sound. A premium version, Razer Surround Pro, will be added, allowing the personal calibration of directional audio to individual hearing preferences and headphone model. Razer Surround Pro will also include advanced settings like sound normalization, voice clarity and level, and equalizer options.
Learn more about how Razer Surround works here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOtN-KMWTeM
"You can't play CS:GO professionally unless you can locate your enemies properly", says Nathan "NBK" Schmitt, player of French CS:GO team Titan. "With Razer Surround we can quickly and accurately pinpoint nearby enemies, leaving us to focus on strategy and aiming. It's the perfect audio tool for professional Counter-Strike."
Razer Surround Pro will be available for 19.99 USD / 14.99 EUR, while the basic version will still be available for free. Any downloads before June 30 will automatically be upgraded to Razer Surround Pro.
"The 12-month promotion to bring next-level virtual surround sound to every gamer while raising funds and awareness for Child's Play has been really rewarding," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and design director. "Increasing the performance and fun of gaming is an obsession for us, and what better place to promote the spirit of what we do than amongst kids who are facing challenges. Razer Surround was an ideal product for this drive - bringing perfect sound quality into gameplay makes the whole experience truly immersive and fun for players, whether they're on the go or stuck in a hospital."
About Child's Play:
Since 2003, we've set up and organized Child's Play, a game industry charity dedicated to improving the lives of children with toys and games in our network of over 70 hospitals worldwide. Over the years, you as a community have answered the call and come together to raise millions of dollars.
Child's Play works in two ways. With the help of hospital staff, we set up gift wish lists full of video games, toys, books, and other fun stuff for kids. By clicking on a hospital location on our map, you can view that hospital's wish list and send a gift.
Child's Play also receives cash donations throughout the year. With those cash donations, we purchase new consoles, peripherals, games, and more for hospitals and therapy facilities. These donations allow for children to enjoy age-appropriate entertainment, interact with their peers, friends, and family, and can provide vital distraction from an otherwise generally unpleasant experience.
About Razer Surround:
Razer Surround gives gamers an enhanced virtual 7.1 channel surround sound experience with any stereo headphones.
Using state-of-the-art technology, the surround sound algorithms powering Razer Surround creates an unbelievably accurate surround sound environment and allows gamers to calibrate positional sound to match their own unique preferences. This level of calibration allows Razer Surround to provide an incredible level of precision in-game, allowing gamers to have the unfair advantage.
- Best-In-Class 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound
- Works with any stereo headset/headphones
Features (Pro Version):
- Calibrate to your individual preferences
- Pre-configured calibrations for all Razer Audio products
- Bass boost - For a thundering bass
- Sound normalization - Reduce loudness variation
- Voice clarity - For crystal clear incoming voice communication
- Voice level - Adjust the level of incoming voice communication
- Custom & 11 pre-set equalizer settings
Operating Systems Support:
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter / Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate
100 MB of free hard disc space
Razer Synapse 2.0 registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.
- Worldwide - Available Now
Price (from June 30, 2014):
- Surround - Free
- Surround Pro - $19.99/14.99
For more information about the Razer Surround, please visit http://www.razerzone.com/surround.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Grand Theft Auto V's new mod pushes close to photo-realistic graphics
- Rare Boba Fett 'Star Wars' action figure sells for $34k at auction
- Nintendo NX will reportedly be unveiled soon, 'sounds' expensive
- Sega making Mega Drive Mini console with 80 games, plays cartridges
- No Man's Sky on PC might release three days later than PS4 version
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio