Intermolecular, Inc. - accelerating research and development for semiconductor and clean energy industries - today announced that SanDisk and Toshiba have jointly elected to take an exclusive license, in a limited field, to Intermolecular's rights in the intellectual property developed under the collaborative development program (CDP) and Intermolecular's background intellectual property thereto. The related technologies have been developed for next-generation memory.
The companies' CDP with Intermolecular, specifically aimed at developing certain memory products, materials, processes and device technologies, was concluded on March 15, 2014. Under the terms of the exclusive license, SanDisk and Toshiba will prepay non-refundable royalties in quarterly installments over a predetermined period.
"We believe the memory technology developed within this Collaborative Development Program will result in a competitive advantage for SanDisk and Toshiba in the semiconductor memory market," stated David Lazovsky, President and CEO of Intermolecular. "The IP that has been licensed by these customers is the direct result of leveraging Intermolecular's High Productivity Combinatorial (HPC) technology platform to accelerate research and development. Beyond delivering value to our customers, this license further validates our unique business model for co-developing and licensing differentiated materials, process and device IP to leading integrated device manufacturers."
Latest News Posts
- Delphi, Google said there was no 'close call' between autonomous cars
- Elon Musk would like the chance to retire on Mars, biographer says
- It looks like first wave of Valve Steam Machines preorders are gone
- Hyundai willing to roll the dice on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
- Nintendo looking ahead to NX, but won't quit on 3DS, Wii U owners
- cloning os to MZHPV256HDGL-00000
- GA-Z97X Gaming 5 + Intel QDE4
- G41M Combo DDR3 RAM not working
- Some PC-A51 watercooling questions
- Driver Errors
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive