Intermolecular, Inc. - accelerating research and development for semiconductor and clean energy industries - today announced that SanDisk and Toshiba have jointly elected to take an exclusive license, in a limited field, to Intermolecular's rights in the intellectual property developed under the collaborative development program (CDP) and Intermolecular's background intellectual property thereto. The related technologies have been developed for next-generation memory.
The companies' CDP with Intermolecular, specifically aimed at developing certain memory products, materials, processes and device technologies, was concluded on March 15, 2014. Under the terms of the exclusive license, SanDisk and Toshiba will prepay non-refundable royalties in quarterly installments over a predetermined period.
"We believe the memory technology developed within this Collaborative Development Program will result in a competitive advantage for SanDisk and Toshiba in the semiconductor memory market," stated David Lazovsky, President and CEO of Intermolecular. "The IP that has been licensed by these customers is the direct result of leveraging Intermolecular's High Productivity Combinatorial (HPC) technology platform to accelerate research and development. Beyond delivering value to our customers, this license further validates our unique business model for co-developing and licensing differentiated materials, process and device IP to leading integrated device manufacturers."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card