Intermolecular, Inc. - accelerating research and development for semiconductor and clean energy industries - today announced that SanDisk and Toshiba have jointly elected to take an exclusive license, in a limited field, to Intermolecular's rights in the intellectual property developed under the collaborative development program (CDP) and Intermolecular's background intellectual property thereto. The related technologies have been developed for next-generation memory.
The companies' CDP with Intermolecular, specifically aimed at developing certain memory products, materials, processes and device technologies, was concluded on March 15, 2014. Under the terms of the exclusive license, SanDisk and Toshiba will prepay non-refundable royalties in quarterly installments over a predetermined period.
"We believe the memory technology developed within this Collaborative Development Program will result in a competitive advantage for SanDisk and Toshiba in the semiconductor memory market," stated David Lazovsky, President and CEO of Intermolecular. "The IP that has been licensed by these customers is the direct result of leveraging Intermolecular's High Productivity Combinatorial (HPC) technology platform to accelerate research and development. Beyond delivering value to our customers, this license further validates our unique business model for co-developing and licensing differentiated materials, process and device IP to leading integrated device manufacturers."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games now on PC, overpriced, poorly ported
- Nintendo NX might be transforming hybrid handheld, not a console
- The World of 'Warcraft' comes to Blu-ray, 4K in September
- Windows 10 will cost $119 after free upgrade expires
- Hacker uncovers Vine source code, Twitter pays him $10,080
- Asrock z77 Extreme 6 Ram Overclocking Stuck at 2000mhz
- MDD BP5e 480GB M.2 SATA III SSD Review
- ASRock Beebox-S (Intel Core i5-6200U) Mini PC Review
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio