Intermolecular, Inc. - accelerating research and development for semiconductor and clean energy industries - today announced that SanDisk and Toshiba have jointly elected to take an exclusive license, in a limited field, to Intermolecular's rights in the intellectual property developed under the collaborative development program (CDP) and Intermolecular's background intellectual property thereto. The related technologies have been developed for next-generation memory.
The companies' CDP with Intermolecular, specifically aimed at developing certain memory products, materials, processes and device technologies, was concluded on March 15, 2014. Under the terms of the exclusive license, SanDisk and Toshiba will prepay non-refundable royalties in quarterly installments over a predetermined period.
"We believe the memory technology developed within this Collaborative Development Program will result in a competitive advantage for SanDisk and Toshiba in the semiconductor memory market," stated David Lazovsky, President and CEO of Intermolecular. "The IP that has been licensed by these customers is the direct result of leveraging Intermolecular's High Productivity Combinatorial (HPC) technology platform to accelerate research and development. Beyond delivering value to our customers, this license further validates our unique business model for co-developing and licensing differentiated materials, process and device IP to leading integrated device manufacturers."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched