Synology is proud to announce the DS414j the latest refresh of its most affordable four-bay NAS, providing quick access to your own private cloud. The DS414j is the first product in Synology's venerable 'j' series to support a dual-core processor, and USB 3.0. Paired with the award winning DiskStation Manager OS (DSM 5.0), the DS414j is an excellent solution for small workgroups and home-media enthusiasts looking for centralized and highly accessible storage.
On top of the new dual-core architecture, the DS414j includes data encryption with hardware acceleration on encrypted shared folders, to address ever-growing concerns with data security. It also includes an integrated FPU, which generates photo previews quickly, for dynamic viewing in Synology's integrated Photo Station package. Both features free up the system so it can be used for the applications that matter most; like Synology's diverse array of media packages including: Audio Station, Video Station, and Media Server - with integrated DLNA streaming.
Easy remote access with QuickConnect: Now, all DiskStation content can be accessed easily wherever a data connection exists. No complex router configuration necessary. DSM 5.0 has brought its popular QuickConnect feature front and center. Simply create a QuickConnect ID and user credentials to make DSM, and any of the rich selection of: Android, iOS, and Windows Phone apps easily accessible.
Beyond the Public Cloud: Synology's Cloud Station has developed into a singular, truly private synchronization solution. It enables any time access to current: files, file-types, and folders. Content can be synchronized across multiple devices, multiple DiskStations, even multiple clients. Cloud Station also syncs with Dropbox and Google Drive, for a truly hybridized approach to cloud storage. It's a total cloud experience that makes access to valuable assets utterly convenient; without service fees, or conventional capacity limitations.
Centralized Backup for All Devices: With support for 5 TB drives, the DS414j can support up to 20 TB of raw storage. With read/write speeds above 100 MB/sec and 80 MB/sec, the DS414j has plenty of performance for workgroups and home enthusiasts alike. Combined with DSM 5.0 the DS414j is a convenient way to centralize backups and manage them for multiple users in a variety of styles.
On top of Native Apple Time Machine support, DSM 5.0 also offers local versioned backup, backup to external drives or network destination, shared folder sync. Even Cloud Station can be used as a backup solution, in addition to its ample utility as synchronized storage.
"The DS414j is a fantastic value for home media enthusiasts, and small workgroups", said Thadd Weil, Public Relations Specialist at Synology America. "It takes features like dual-core processing and USB 3.0, and pairs them with the abundance of features in DSM 5.0. It's our most affordable, four-bay NAS, and a singular resource for storing, sharing, and accessing your data wherever you need it."
The DS414j is now shipping globally with an MSRP of $389.99, and will be available in the United States within the next few weeks.
For more information, visit the product page.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda hesitant on offers for Fallout or Elder Scrolls movies
- You can legally listen to AC/DC, now on Spotify, Rdio, Apple Music
- Another researcher shares concerns with artificial intelligence
- Spotify under fire for 'silly' free streaming model by Rdio executive
- 21 million people tuned in to watch E3 using Twitch, company says
- BIOS Disk Boot Option settings don't hold (GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK)
- ASUS Z97 Pro-Gamer MB. M2 mounting point.
- Tt eSPORTS Isurus Pro In-Ear Gaming Headset Review
- cloning os to MZHPV256HDGL-00000
- GA-Z97X Gaming 5 + Intel QDE4
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive