Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its completely redesigned line of its all-purpose performance laptops - the ultra-slim 15.6-inch Satellite S55, desktop replacement 17.3-inch Satellite S75 and highly mobile 14-inch Satellite E45. The laptops deliver powerful capabilities in a premium design built to increase productivity and provide an excellent entertainment experience.
"These new laptops are designed to give power users and entertainment enthusiasts the power and versatility to do more with their laptop," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Full-featured, completely customizable with an all-new stunning design, these laptops provide the ultimate audio and visual experience for movies, games and more."
Premium Styling and Enhanced Entertainment
The new Satellite S Series features a stylish brushed aluminum finish and new thinner design. At less than 0.8 inch thin, the Satellite S55 is up to 29 percent thinner than the previous generation, and starts at just 4.6 pounds1, making it easy to carry and comfortable to use anywhere. The larger Satellite S75 offers more screen real estate for productivity, gaming and entertainment, and is available with a built-in rewriteable Blu-ray Disc drive2. The Satellite E45 is also less than 0.8 inch thin and weighs 4.6 pounds, making it highly portable and easy to carry.
The Satellite S55 and E45 also feature a new TruType keyboard with contoured, raised tile keys and optional LED backlighting that deliver a more comfortable and responsive typing experience - while a large clickpad keeps users in control of all their tasks, browsing and entertainment. In addition the Satellite S55t and E45t can be configured with a 10-point touchscreen, for easy interactivity and navigation with Windows 8.1.
The Satellite S55 and E45 can be configured with an HD (1366x768) or Full HD (1920x1080) TruBrite display and the Satellite S75 can be configured with an HD+ (1600x900) or Full HD TruBrite display. All are equipped with high-fidelity Harman Kardon stereo speakers enhanced by DTS Sound for an exceptional listening experience.
Premium Performance and Connectivity
The Satellite S Series and E Series are designed to help users get more done, delivering fast, smooth and responsive performance for enhanced entertainment and multitasking. The laptops can be configured with powerful 4th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 dual-core processors3, up to 16GB of DDR3L 1600MHz memory4 and up to 1TB of storage5. The Satellite S55 also supports the AMD A10 Accelerated Processing Unit. For faster gameplay and immersive image quality, the Satellite S55 and S75 can be equipped with optional AMD Radeon M7 M260 discrete graphics6 with 2GB of video memory.
The Satellite S Series and E Series laptops feature a full array of ports to accommodate for a variety of computing needs, including an HDMI port capable of 4K output in certain models and dual USB 3.0 ports7, one with USB Sleep & Charge technology8, which allow users to charge USB-powered electronics while the laptop is powered down. In addition, select Satellite S Series laptops include powerful wireless capabilities, such as ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0 and Intel Wireless Display9 enabling wireless content sharing to compatible large screen TVs.
The new Satellite S Series will be available on June 22, 2014, at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba, starting at $698.99 MSRP10.
The new Satellite E Series will be available on June 22, 2014, exclusively at Best Buy, starting at $649.99 MSRP.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog