Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its completely redesigned line of its all-purpose performance laptops - the ultra-slim 15.6-inch Satellite S55, desktop replacement 17.3-inch Satellite S75 and highly mobile 14-inch Satellite E45. The laptops deliver powerful capabilities in a premium design built to increase productivity and provide an excellent entertainment experience.
"These new laptops are designed to give power users and entertainment enthusiasts the power and versatility to do more with their laptop," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "Full-featured, completely customizable with an all-new stunning design, these laptops provide the ultimate audio and visual experience for movies, games and more."
Premium Styling and Enhanced Entertainment
The new Satellite S Series features a stylish brushed aluminum finish and new thinner design. At less than 0.8 inch thin, the Satellite S55 is up to 29 percent thinner than the previous generation, and starts at just 4.6 pounds1, making it easy to carry and comfortable to use anywhere. The larger Satellite S75 offers more screen real estate for productivity, gaming and entertainment, and is available with a built-in rewriteable Blu-ray Disc drive2. The Satellite E45 is also less than 0.8 inch thin and weighs 4.6 pounds, making it highly portable and easy to carry.
The Satellite S55 and E45 also feature a new TruType keyboard with contoured, raised tile keys and optional LED backlighting that deliver a more comfortable and responsive typing experience - while a large clickpad keeps users in control of all their tasks, browsing and entertainment. In addition the Satellite S55t and E45t can be configured with a 10-point touchscreen, for easy interactivity and navigation with Windows 8.1.
The Satellite S55 and E45 can be configured with an HD (1366x768) or Full HD (1920x1080) TruBrite display and the Satellite S75 can be configured with an HD+ (1600x900) or Full HD TruBrite display. All are equipped with high-fidelity Harman Kardon stereo speakers enhanced by DTS Sound for an exceptional listening experience.
Premium Performance and Connectivity
The Satellite S Series and E Series are designed to help users get more done, delivering fast, smooth and responsive performance for enhanced entertainment and multitasking. The laptops can be configured with powerful 4th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 dual-core processors3, up to 16GB of DDR3L 1600MHz memory4 and up to 1TB of storage5. The Satellite S55 also supports the AMD A10 Accelerated Processing Unit. For faster gameplay and immersive image quality, the Satellite S55 and S75 can be equipped with optional AMD Radeon M7 M260 discrete graphics6 with 2GB of video memory.
The Satellite S Series and E Series laptops feature a full array of ports to accommodate for a variety of computing needs, including an HDMI port capable of 4K output in certain models and dual USB 3.0 ports7, one with USB Sleep & Charge technology8, which allow users to charge USB-powered electronics while the laptop is powered down. In addition, select Satellite S Series laptops include powerful wireless capabilities, such as ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0 and Intel Wireless Display9 enabling wireless content sharing to compatible large screen TVs.
The new Satellite S Series will be available on June 22, 2014, at major retailers, e-tailers and direct from Toshiba, starting at $698.99 MSRP10.
The new Satellite E Series will be available on June 22, 2014, exclusively at Best Buy, starting at $649.99 MSRP.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset