SK Hynix Inc. announced that it has developed the world's first highest density of 128 GB (Gigabytes) module based on 8 Gb(Gigabit) DDR4 using its advanced 20 nm class technology.
This module has double density compared to existing 64 GB by taking advantage of TSV(Through Silicon Via) technology. This new product works at 2133 Mbps and with a 64-bit I/O it processes up to 17 GB of data per second. It also runs at ultra low-voltage of 1.2V which does at lower voltage than 1.35V of existing DDR3.
SK Hynix is expected to continuously maintain its technology leadership in the server DRAM market by providing the samples of the world's first 128 GB and 64 GB modules built on 8 Gb DDR4. The Company plans to start volume mass production of those from the first half of next year.
"The development of the world's first 128 GB DDR4 module has its significance in opening ultrahigh density server market" said Senior Vice President Sung Joo Hong, the Head of DRAM Development. "The Company will further strengthen its competitiveness in premium DRAM sphere with the development of high density, ultrahigh speed and low power consuming products" he added.
According to Gartner, server DRAM market will grow 37% in annual average until 2018 following expansion of mobile environment. Plus, the new interface DDR4 is expected to be certified by customers in this year and is anticipated to be commercialized regularly from 2015. Also, it is expected to be the main standard in the industry from 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- CCleaner hits Windows 10, helping users clear junk out of their system
- CybertronPC first to add support for AMD Radeon R9 NANO video card
- SilverStone hits the storage market again, hot-swap RAID rack release
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20