Sony announced three new wireless speakers are available today, each giving audiophiles easy access to rich, powerful sound in a sleek "Definitive Outline" design. The SRS-X9 High-Resolution wireless speaker system, and the SRS-X7 and SRS-X5 wireless speaker systems, developed in collaboration with Sony Music, bring clear vocals and bass-rich thumping tunes to any living space or on the go. The SRS-X9 will retail for $699.99, the SRS-X7 for $299.99 and the SRS-X5 for $199.99.
Sony's new wireless speakers, with clean lines of metal and glass, feature a geometric "Definitive Outline" design consisting of 12 outlines around the square form to create the most suitable sound wave. All three models also offer a multitude of connectivity and streaming options, at home and on the go. The speakers easily connect wirelessly to nearly any Bluetooth-enabled device, including smartphones, tablets and computers, and can connect to NFC-enabled devices with a simple tap. All three models also support on-board Wi-Fi for direct access to online music and internet radio services such as Music Unlimited, Spotify, and TuneIn Radio when consumers download the SongPal app to their mobile device, as well as Apple Airplay and DLNA.
The flagship model, SRS-X9 wireless speaker, supports High-Resolution Audio. Converting live music to digital formats such as MP3 or even traditional CD results in much of the original audio being irreversibly lost. High-Res Audio retains far more detail during the analog-to-digital conversion process, allowing listeners to experience music as artists originally intended. With 154W of music output power, a bi-amped subwoofer and dual passive radiators, the premium 2.1 channel system delivers full-range audio with tonal balance and precise bass response.
The SRS-X7 has a similar modern design but is more compact than the SRS-X9. It also is a premium 2.1 channel system with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and USB accessory. Its built-in rechargeable battery offers up to six hours of play time. With a built-in subwoofer, the SRS-X7 offers incredibly vibrant sound.
The portable SRS-X5 is packed with 20W of powerful audio and offers up to eight hours of continuous playback. The little powerhouse also includes a built-in subwoofer with dual passive radiators for amazing bass.
All three models include Sony's advanced Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX), ClearAudio+, an S-Master Digital Amplifier and built-in NFC technology.
All three wireless speaker models, the SRS-X9 for $699.99, the SRS-X7 for $299.99 and the SRS-X5 for $199.99, are available now for purchase at Sony stores.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Complaints to FCC over data caps rose nearly tenfold in 2015
- Zuckerberg says Facebook plans to 'lead the way' in VR with Oculus
- Xenoblade Chronicles now available on Wii U Virtual Console
- Ace the Agile Certification Exam With This $45 Training
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- 1MORE Swarovski Crystal Piston Earphones Review
- 990fx motherboard with AMD 9370
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched