Sony announced three new wireless speakers are available today, each giving audiophiles easy access to rich, powerful sound in a sleek "Definitive Outline" design. The SRS-X9 High-Resolution wireless speaker system, and the SRS-X7 and SRS-X5 wireless speaker systems, developed in collaboration with Sony Music, bring clear vocals and bass-rich thumping tunes to any living space or on the go. The SRS-X9 will retail for $699.99, the SRS-X7 for $299.99 and the SRS-X5 for $199.99.
Sony's new wireless speakers, with clean lines of metal and glass, feature a geometric "Definitive Outline" design consisting of 12 outlines around the square form to create the most suitable sound wave. All three models also offer a multitude of connectivity and streaming options, at home and on the go. The speakers easily connect wirelessly to nearly any Bluetooth-enabled device, including smartphones, tablets and computers, and can connect to NFC-enabled devices with a simple tap. All three models also support on-board Wi-Fi for direct access to online music and internet radio services such as Music Unlimited, Spotify, and TuneIn Radio when consumers download the SongPal app to their mobile device, as well as Apple Airplay and DLNA.
The flagship model, SRS-X9 wireless speaker, supports High-Resolution Audio. Converting live music to digital formats such as MP3 or even traditional CD results in much of the original audio being irreversibly lost. High-Res Audio retains far more detail during the analog-to-digital conversion process, allowing listeners to experience music as artists originally intended. With 154W of music output power, a bi-amped subwoofer and dual passive radiators, the premium 2.1 channel system delivers full-range audio with tonal balance and precise bass response.
The SRS-X7 has a similar modern design but is more compact than the SRS-X9. It also is a premium 2.1 channel system with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and USB accessory. Its built-in rechargeable battery offers up to six hours of play time. With a built-in subwoofer, the SRS-X7 offers incredibly vibrant sound.
The portable SRS-X5 is packed with 20W of powerful audio and offers up to eight hours of continuous playback. The little powerhouse also includes a built-in subwoofer with dual passive radiators for amazing bass.
All three models include Sony's advanced Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE HX), ClearAudio+, an S-Master Digital Amplifier and built-in NFC technology.
All three wireless speaker models, the SRS-X9 for $699.99, the SRS-X7 for $299.99 and the SRS-X5 for $199.99, are available now for purchase at Sony stores.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's gigafactory is coming together, thanks to satellite images
- Acer's XB280HK 28-inch 4K NVIDIA G-Sync monitor is just $599 right now
- Samsung's new M.2 NVMe PCIe-based SSD capable of 2.2GB/sec reads
- Local piracy rates heavily influence Netflix's pricing in the region
- 'Furious 7' races past $1B at the worldwide box office
- Advice for Asrock N68C-GS4FX
- AsRock H67M-ITX PCIe port not working
- B85M-ITX cannot boot with usb hard drive attached
- Strontium Nitro iDrive 64GB iOS Flash Drive Review
- My new cpu only shows 1 core in bios and 2 in windows but its a quad core
- OWC Viper Pro Thunderbolt External SSD Premieres at NAB 2015
- HP Introduces WS Storage Advancement, Mobile WS and Professional Displays
- NEC Introduces Two New AccuSync LED-backlit Monitors
- BIOSTAR Releases the H81MDC-LSP Motherboard
- HGST Ships NVM Express Compliant Solid-State Drives