GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards, today announced the launch of its latest addition to the GIGABYTE BRIX series of ultra compact PC kits, the GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming. Packing an AMD A8-5557M APU together with an AMD Radeon R9 M275X discrete graphics processor, the GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming has gaming performance that belies its compact size.
"The BRIX Gaming offers a real desktop PC experience in a compact form factor that end users now expect from a GIGABYTE BRIX device," commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit. "We're very excited about the continuing evolution of the desktop PC, challenging the notion that smaller PC design means abandoning performance."
GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming: Desktop Performance in Miniature
The BRIX Gaming compact PC kit is literally small enough to sit in the palm of your hand (measuring a mere 59.6 mm x 128 mm x 115.4 mm) and features a high-performance AMD A8-5557M APU plus a dedicated AMD Radeon R9 M275X graphics processor. The BRIX Gaming includes support for both mSATA SSD and standard 2.5" SATA hard drive installation - ideal for storing the latest 3D gaming titles while enjoying a fast and responsive OS install on SSD. The GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming features both Mini DisplayPort and HDMI ports on the rear panel, enabling support for simultaneous dual display connectivity.
The BRIX Gaming takes the performance you would expect of a full tower gaming PC, in a compact form factor that is much more suited for the living room. Gaming enthusiasts traveling to LAN events, parties and contests and will also enjoy having a gaming rig with incredible portability.
AMD Radeon R9 M275X
Accompanied by 2 GB of GDDR5 memory, the AMD Radeon R9 M275X is a discrete graphics processor that offers superb 3D gaming and GPU-accelerated application performance. The AMD R9 M275X supports the latest graphics acceleration technologies including Microsoft DX11.1, Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.1. The AMD R9 M275X also supports the latest OpenCL 1.1 standard providing GPU-accelerated performance in general purpose applications.
By employing a discrete, fully programmable GPU, the BRIX Gaming is ideal for tackling processor-intensive media editing and encoding applications. Today's GPU accelerated applications leverage the multi-core design of the GPU to greatly improve overall processing performance - this makes the BRIX Gaming well suited to creative professionals using media editing and encoding applications.
A Flexible, Compact DIY PC Kit
The BRIX Gaming is sold as a DIY PC kit, shipping with a Wi-Fi Mini PCIe module pre-installed, requiring only SO-DIMM system memory and a choice of either, or both mSATA SSD or standard 2.5" hard drives. The BRIX Gaming maintains the DIY PC ethos, giving users the flexibility to independently choose preferred operating system, integrated storage and system memory configurations.
USB 3.0 and Network Connectivity:
The GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming integrates four USB 3.0 ports (two front, two rear), ensuring ample connectivity for peripherals, storage devices and more. In addition to including a Gigabit Ethernet port, the GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming also includes a Mini PCIe module offering IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi and the latest Bluetooth 4.0, providing connectivity for low power Bluetooth devices and peripherals, as well as allowing users to easily connect their mobile devices.
Bundled with a VESA bracket, the BRIX Gaming can easily be mounted behind a monitor or HDTV making it discreetly hidden from view. This offers a simple and elegant way to turn any VESA-compliant display or TV into a full-featured PC or digital signage unit.
For more information about the GIGABYTE BRIX Gaming please go to: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4930#ov
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015