ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 sound card featuring Dolby TrueHD Bit-Stream
First audio solution to set HTPCs Blu-ray-ready with embedded ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre
Sydney, Australia, February 6, 2009 - ASUS has launched the Xonar HDAV1.3 Series sound cards revealing the world's first and only solution to offer Dolby TrueHD audio bitstream on the PC platform. The Xonar HDAV1.3 follows on from the success of ASUS' first sound cards to be equipped with the next generation DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby Digital Plus bitstream on the PC platform.
A powerful combination comprising of C-Media's custom-made AV200 audio processor and ArcSoft's TotalMedia Theatre software player lets users be the first to enjoy Dolby TrueHD's lossless compression rate of 24bit/192KHz over to their AV receivers. This is a major leap forward in the emerging Blu-ray era and was unprecedented before the release of the Xonar HDAV1.3.
The ASUS Xonar HDAV 1.3 is the world's only solution capable of providing bit-to-bit exact lossless Blu-ray audio output, without any downsampling to DVD quality - allowing users to enjoy next-generation audio enhancements such as DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus on the PC. Furthermore, the Xonar HDAV 1.3 supports most video graphics cards on the market, offering delivery of both video and audio outputs through a single HDMI cable.
Working closely together with C-Media and ArcSoft to create the world's first premium audio solution, ASUS hopes to not only address consumer audio needs, but also to showcase its outstanding R&D capabilities.
The ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Series sound cards are available in Australia and New Zealand from February 2009 at selected computer resellers. RRP from AU$249, NZ$329 (all prices inclusive of GST).
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era. With a global staff of more than ten thousand and a world-class R&D design team, the company's revenue for 2008 was 8.1 billion US dollars. ASUS ranks among the top 10 IT companies in BusinessWeek's "InfoTech 100", and has been on the listing for 11 consecutive years. ASUS was also selected by the Wall Street Journal Asia as No.1 in quality and service. For more information, visit http://www.asus.com.au.
Latest News Posts
- Win 'Gold' in our Blu-ray giveway!
- LG V30 could have sliding dual displays
- Qualcomm and LG working on Snapdragon 845 for the LG G7
- Samsung's first dual camera phone leaks in a video
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note7 pictured in the wild
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards