SMART Modular Technologies, Inc., a leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of value added subsystems including memory modules, flash memory cards and other solid state storage products, today announced its new XR-DIMM small form factor DDR3 module, specifically designed for ruggedized single board computing (SBC) applications requiring high reliability, density and performance attributes.
SMART's XR-DIMM solves the traditional space-constraint issue for Advanced Memory Card (AMC) form factor SBC's, where the clips from the horizontally mounted SO-DIMM's socket violate the "keep-out" areas of the card and interfere with the system chassis when the AMC card is removed. The XR-DIMM solves this issue by using a low profile, snap-down mezzanine connector with no clips. In addition, SMART's XR-DIMM form factor provides a ruggedized attach method and features improved signal integrity ideal for AMC cards, as well as ATCA, PCIe, and COMe embedded computing applications.
The 240-pin module conforms to standards established by the Small Form Factor Special Interest Group (SFF-SIG) to provide a perfect-fit solution for telecom, networking and industrial computing applications. SMART's DDR3-1600 XR-DIMM is offered in 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB densities with ECC. Other options offered include low power and industrial temperature operation.
"The XR-DIMM's higher 240-pin connector offers more power and ground signals for higher reliability, and, improved signal integrity versus a standard 204-pin SO-DIMM," says Mike Rubino, Vice President of Engineering at SMART Modular. "In addition, the board-to-board connector offers improved ruggedization compared to standard gold plated SO-DIMMs."
The XR-DIMM is just part of a wide family of DDR3 small form factor module solutions that SMART supports. SMART will be showcasing its new XR-DIMM along with its entire line of memory solutions at the Embedded World Exhibition & Conference in Nuremburg, Germany starting on February 25, 2014 in Hall 4, Stand 4-360.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- AMD Promotes Renowned Graphics Architect Michael Mantor to Corporate Fellow
- IEM San Jose doubles viewership, raises US$38k for charity and crowns new champions
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'