SMART Modular Technologies, Inc., a leading independent designer, manufacturer and supplier of value added subsystems including memory modules, flash memory cards and other solid state storage products, today announced its new XR-DIMM small form factor DDR3 module, specifically designed for ruggedized single board computing (SBC) applications requiring high reliability, density and performance attributes.
SMART's XR-DIMM solves the traditional space-constraint issue for Advanced Memory Card (AMC) form factor SBC's, where the clips from the horizontally mounted SO-DIMM's socket violate the "keep-out" areas of the card and interfere with the system chassis when the AMC card is removed. The XR-DIMM solves this issue by using a low profile, snap-down mezzanine connector with no clips. In addition, SMART's XR-DIMM form factor provides a ruggedized attach method and features improved signal integrity ideal for AMC cards, as well as ATCA, PCIe, and COMe embedded computing applications.
The 240-pin module conforms to standards established by the Small Form Factor Special Interest Group (SFF-SIG) to provide a perfect-fit solution for telecom, networking and industrial computing applications. SMART's DDR3-1600 XR-DIMM is offered in 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB densities with ECC. Other options offered include low power and industrial temperature operation.
"The XR-DIMM's higher 240-pin connector offers more power and ground signals for higher reliability, and, improved signal integrity versus a standard 204-pin SO-DIMM," says Mike Rubino, Vice President of Engineering at SMART Modular. "In addition, the board-to-board connector offers improved ruggedization compared to standard gold plated SO-DIMMs."
The XR-DIMM is just part of a wide family of DDR3 small form factor module solutions that SMART supports. SMART will be showcasing its new XR-DIMM along with its entire line of memory solutions at the Embedded World Exhibition & Conference in Nuremburg, Germany starting on February 25, 2014 in Hall 4, Stand 4-360.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- Halo 5, Forza Horizon 3 first games with Microsoft DRM
- How to get 1TB of lifetime cloud storage for only $39
- NASA finds strong evidence of water plumes on Europa
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now