HP today announced new HP Elite products that further extend the design and durability leadership of the company's premium line of PC products. Today's announcement includes the world's thinnest, most durable HP EliteBook, as well as a full-powered desktop that takes up less workspace than most office phones.
Today's employees demand technology that fits their personal style, while still allowing them to stay productive wherever the job takes them. Meanwhile, IT managers must support this New Style of IT with a common set of devices and interfaces, all while exceeding expectations for the security and reliability that business demands.
Understanding the complexities of satisfying these changing work styles, HP offers not only the hardware needed to address business challenges, but also the configuration and deployment services needed to save IT time and money, including:
- The HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 notebook is 16.1 percent thinner and 7.3 percent lighter than the previous generation, while still passing a dozen military-grade tests for reliability and durability, making this Ultrabook-qualified HP EliteBook one of the sturdiest, thinnest and lightest available.
- The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Business Desktop Mini, one of the industry's smallest business desktop PCs, is fully integrated with the latest in power efficiency, security and manageability solutions. It's introduced alongside the HP ProDesk 600 G1 Business Desktop Mini, which is designed to keep users productive and IT operating costs down.
- The HP EliteDisplay S230tm is HP's first Windows 8-certified touch monitor for business, featuring a 23-inch diagonal multitouch monitor with antiglare glass for viewing in high ambient light conditions.
- The HP Classmate Notebook PC leverages the latest technology to offer students around the world the most immersive and rewarding educational experience.
- HP Education Services combines vision consulting, leadership development and teacher training to ensure that technology is leveraged from day one -- and beyond.
- HP Configuration and Deployment Services help businesses cut costs, preserve precious time, and stay focused on core competencies with expert device configuration direct from the factory and secure implementation that brings fast, accurate and standardized IT solutions to customers worldwide.
"Today's business lifestyles continue to evolve at an incredible rate, resulting in a New Style of IT that requires stylish, easy-to-use devices coupled with expanding device security and manageability that can be used in a range of settings," said Enrique Lores, senior vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP. "HP addresses this new reality with a portfolio of high-impact business PCs and services that offer the ultimate in security and manageability, while still providing the style, lightness and ease of use needed for all types of working environments."
HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1: Carry less, do more
The elegantly designed HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 notebook is the thinnest Ultrabook in the HP Elite portfolio. This incredibly durable device features a CNC aluminum unibody design that's only 15.9 mm thin and weighs just 3.3 lbs, while passing 12 MIL-STD 810G reliability tests -- from extreme temperatures, vibration and shock, to drop and explosive atmosphere testing -- providing dependable, all-day productivity.
HP ForcePad, a new pressure-sensitive touchpad that helps users speed through the familiar touch gestures used with smartphones and tablets to improve productivity, efficiency and ergonomic comfort. Users also will enjoy a choice between a high-definition (HD) or Full High Definition (FHD) 1,080p 14-inch diagonal display with optional touch capability, as well as the optional HP Ultraslim Side Docking Station to quickly connect to accessories and printers in the office without having to connect individual components.
The HP EliteBook Folio 1040 has optional 4G LTE wireless and the latest powerful 4th generation Intel Dual-Core i5 or i7 processors to provide employees with full office capabilities wherever work takes them. Both data and device will be secure regardless of where work takes place with HP Sure Start, a true self-healing security protocol that automatically restores a corrupted or attacked BIOS, and HP Trust Circles, which protects data by ensuring that only approved contacts can access critical files.
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 and HP ProDesk 800 G1: HP's smallest desktops yet
The EliteDesk 800 G1 Business Desktop Mini (DM) is HP's smallest desktop form factor, a one-liter chassis that's smaller than most office phones. This full-performance PC is designed for customers who need to fit in any type of workspace, from tight cubicles to reception desks. It also features an integrated wireless antenna and VESA mounting for flexible deployment options, such as the integrated work center stand, making it ideal for call centers, hospitals, retail and healthcare.
The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM boasts a total of six USB ports, including a fast-charging port for tablets and smartphones, as well as the ability to connect up to three additional displays using its one VGA and two display ports. The device consumes less than eight watts of power at idle, which means it can be always on and always connected, while still saving on energy and management costs. In addition to the latest Intel 4th Generation Core processors with optional vPro support, the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM also includes industry-leading security and manageability solutions such as HP BIOSphere with BIOS level security protection and HP Trust Circles.
Just as small as the HP EliteDesk DM, the HP ProDesk 600 G1 DM is HP's smallest ProDesk, yet it's packed with powerful features such as HP's Client Security portfolio, integrated wireless and the latest M.2 solid-state storage technology for long-lasting, secure productivity. The HP ProDesk DM provides flexible custom deployment options, including integrated VESA mounting, an optional "all-in-two" convenience stand and support for up to three displays.
HP EliteDisplay S230tm: Tap, slide and swipe
The HP EliteDisplay S230tm 23-inch diagonal display is a Windows 8-certified multitouch display designed with antiglare glass treatment. For collaborative work in the office or for businesses that require a customer-facing experience, it offers touchscreen interaction, wide 178-degree angle viewing, an adjustable easel design that tilts back up to 70 degrees, and VESA mounting support for optional arm or wall mounts.
The HP EliteDisplay offers full HD(3)-quality images with In-Plane Switching (IPS) for a great visual experience even in ambient light. The display also includes integrated speakers, a 720p webcam and dual microphones, bringing video-conference hosting straight to the end user's workstation.
HP Classmate Notebook PC and HP Education Services: Total access to true learning
The HP Classmate Notebook is HP's most advanced Classmate PC ever created, and is based on a Future Intel classmate PC reference design. It will provide students from around the world with total access to true learning. Offered at an affordable price while packed with the latest technology, including Windows 8.1 and the new Intel Celeron N2000 Series processors, this notebook empowers schools to provide engaging educational experiences for students. The HP Classmate also helps students expand their horizons with integrated HD video conferencing for guest lectures or virtual field trips, as well as durable construction for learning outside the classroom.
HP also launched HP Education Services, which combine vision consulting, leadership development and teacher training to help teachers leverage technology in instruction and empower excellence in the classroom. These services consist of a Technology Boot Camp, a Developing Instructional Leaders program, and HP Education Consulting.
HP Configuration and Deployment Services: Streamlining IT resources
IT configuration and deployment can be a costly undertaking for a business in terms of time, money and distraction. HP helps cut costs, preserve precious time and allow businesses to stay focused on core competencies with expert HP Configuration and Deployment Services that deliver fast, accurate and globally standardized IT solutions.
HP Configuration Services include custom system settings, third-party hardware integration and asset tagging for increased manageability of new equipment. The new HP Deployment Services include HP Installation and Setup, HP Logistics Services, HP Migration Services, and HP Decommission Services for asset retirement.
HP also is launching a new HP Configuration and Deployment Portal, providing users an easy-to-navigate, step-by-step process to gather all required details and specifications for customizing and deploying personal systems.
Pricing and availability
- The HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 is now available in the United States for a starting price of $1,299.
- The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Desktop Mini is expected to be available in the United States by April 2014 for a starting price of $669.
- The HP ProDesk 600 G1 Desktop Mini is expected to be available in the United States by April 2014 for a starting price of $489.
- The HP EliteDisplay S230tm is expected to be available in the United States on Jan. 6 for a starting price of $359.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG announces 'Ray' smartphone for 3G markets
- Power two systems with one power supply thanks to Phanteks' splitter
- QPAD uses DreamHack to launch its first new mouse shape in seven years
- Noctua says its 24V industrial fans are the best an enthusiast can get
- Samsung announces huge 128GB DDR4 DIMMs for enterprise, data centers
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 120L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- SanDisk Extreme 500 240GB USB 3.0 Portable SSD Review
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS