Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:MU), today announced the availability of 45nm Serial NOR Flash memory samples in 512Mb, 1Gb, and 2Gb densities with a standard SPI interface. These new MT25Q SPI NOR devices offer a cost-effective solution with high performance, enhanced security and drop-in compatibility with legacy NOR devices, enabling high-density SPI NOR adoption in consumer, automotive, industrial and networking applications.
Micron's MT25Q devices satisfy embedded application requirements with best-in-class 2 MB/s programming speed. In addition, MT25Q devices offer improved erase performance and 66 MB/s read performance, enabling fast updates and boot performance for embedded systems. The MT25Q family also offers the industry's first serial NOR 2Gb device in a 6mm x 8mm BGA package, which is the smallest package available in the market today.
"The introduction of our new SPI NOR family reconfirms Micron's commitment to NOR technology and further enables us to continuously meet customer needs," saidJeff Bader, vice president of Micron's Embedded Solutions Marketing. "As customers increasingly move to higher-density NOR designs, our MT25Q product line, with 2 MB/s programming speed, supports the need for improved performance, higher manufacturing efficiency and a small footprint."
MT25Q SPI NOR devices will also maximize design flexibility and minimize redesigns thanks to Micron's long lifecycle support.
Micron partners with major ecosystem players to enable the MT25Q SPI NOR solutions and help make them the best choice for new and existing application designs.
Samples of the MT25Q devices are available today in BGA and SO16W packages.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon says you can have an Oculus Rift by tomorrow
- Get a killer domain name for your tech business
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 rumors begin, on the eve of the Radeon RX 480
- System Shock reboot gets 9 minutes of new gameplay footage
- Modders morph Skyrim into amazing standalone RPG Enderal
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines