Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:MU), today announced the availability of 45nm Serial NOR Flash memory samples in 512Mb, 1Gb, and 2Gb densities with a standard SPI interface. These new MT25Q SPI NOR devices offer a cost-effective solution with high performance, enhanced security and drop-in compatibility with legacy NOR devices, enabling high-density SPI NOR adoption in consumer, automotive, industrial and networking applications.
Micron's MT25Q devices satisfy embedded application requirements with best-in-class 2 MB/s programming speed. In addition, MT25Q devices offer improved erase performance and 66 MB/s read performance, enabling fast updates and boot performance for embedded systems. The MT25Q family also offers the industry's first serial NOR 2Gb device in a 6mm x 8mm BGA package, which is the smallest package available in the market today.
"The introduction of our new SPI NOR family reconfirms Micron's commitment to NOR technology and further enables us to continuously meet customer needs," saidJeff Bader, vice president of Micron's Embedded Solutions Marketing. "As customers increasingly move to higher-density NOR designs, our MT25Q product line, with 2 MB/s programming speed, supports the need for improved performance, higher manufacturing efficiency and a small footprint."
MT25Q SPI NOR devices will also maximize design flexibility and minimize redesigns thanks to Micron's long lifecycle support.
Micron partners with major ecosystem players to enable the MT25Q SPI NOR solutions and help make them the best choice for new and existing application designs.
Samples of the MT25Q devices are available today in BGA and SO16W packages.
Latest News Posts
- Sweedish CS:GO pro Fifflaren is keeping busy - joins American team
- ESL announce $100,000 EVOLVE Xbox One competition
- UberX gets unbanned from Portland, now with a new $1 Safe Rides Fee
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III should be due on November 6, 2015
- The latest screenshots of The Witcher 3 tease impressive visuals
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- OAXIS Bento Close-Contact Induction Wireless Speaker Review
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Seven World Top Casemodders Go Head to Head at the "2015 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational"
- GIGABYTE Hosts X99 CHAMPION CHALLENGE on HWBOT.org. Tweak your GIGABYTE X99 Systems for Big Cash Prizes
- Acer Reveals New Back-To-School Product Range at the Inaugural "next@acer" Event in New York
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!