Today, LaCie announced that its award-winning Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series hard drive is now available in a 2 TB version. With double the storage of its predecessor, the new LaCie Rugged is the highest capacity bus-powered storage solution with Thunderbolt technology on the market. Plus, the 2 TB model achieves speeds up to 127 MB/s, a 15 percent increase from the previous version. With these speeds users can transfer 750 RAW photos or one HD movie in less than one minute. Built for heavy data users who require complete mobility, the LaCie Rugged is the ideal sidekick to a new Mac or Ultrabook.
"With video and photo file sizes increasing exponentially, creative pros are generating more digital content than ever before," said Erwan Girard, Professional Business Manager, LaCie. "Today, we've addressed their number one demand by doubling the LaCie Rugged's capacity. This allows on-the-go pros to store more data on fewer drives and lets them stay in the field longer."
The new LaCie Rugged offers the same great features that current users appreciate with no size or weight increase. It continues to feature USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports so users have the fastest transfer speeds available on PC or Mac. Since USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, the LaCie Rugged can also connect to any standard computer via USB 2.0. Additionally, it protects data from drops of up to 1.2 meters (4 feet) and from unauthorized access with AES 256-bit software encryption.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series 2 TB HDD, design by Neil Poulton, is available through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Resellers for $299.99 (MSRP). It is protected by a two-year limited warranty. Thunderbolt cable is included.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman PC minimum and recommended requirements are out
- Mad Catz lays off massive 37% of staff despite great Rockband 4 sales
- 6DoF is coming back with Overlord from Descent co-creators
- Save Over 20% on the World's Smallest First-Person-View Drone
- Raspberry Pi gets experimental GPU acceleration, games now playable
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance