Today, LaCie announced that its award-winning Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series hard drive is now available in a 2 TB version. With double the storage of its predecessor, the new LaCie Rugged is the highest capacity bus-powered storage solution with Thunderbolt technology on the market. Plus, the 2 TB model achieves speeds up to 127 MB/s, a 15 percent increase from the previous version. With these speeds users can transfer 750 RAW photos or one HD movie in less than one minute. Built for heavy data users who require complete mobility, the LaCie Rugged is the ideal sidekick to a new Mac or Ultrabook.
"With video and photo file sizes increasing exponentially, creative pros are generating more digital content than ever before," said Erwan Girard, Professional Business Manager, LaCie. "Today, we've addressed their number one demand by doubling the LaCie Rugged's capacity. This allows on-the-go pros to store more data on fewer drives and lets them stay in the field longer."
The new LaCie Rugged offers the same great features that current users appreciate with no size or weight increase. It continues to feature USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt ports so users have the fastest transfer speeds available on PC or Mac. Since USB 3.0 is backwards compatible, the LaCie Rugged can also connect to any standard computer via USB 2.0. Additionally, it protects data from drops of up to 1.2 meters (4 feet) and from unauthorized access with AES 256-bit software encryption.
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 Thunderbolt Series 2 TB HDD, design by Neil Poulton, is available through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Resellers for $299.99 (MSRP). It is protected by a two-year limited warranty. Thunderbolt cable is included.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New 'Doctor Strange' trailer spends time with villain
- AMD brings Polaris to embedded, the last frontier
- Here are some facts about Google for their 18th birthday
- Germany to Facebook: Stop collecting Whatsapp user data
- OBS Studio adds support for AMD Video Coding Engine
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now