QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced the release of the TS-x70 Pro series Turbo NAS, available in 4, 6 and 8-bay tower models, for home and small/home office use. Powered by a Dual-Core Intel Core i3 3.3 GHz Processor and 2 GB DDR3 RAM, the TS-x70 Pro series delivers real-time and smooth multimedia transcoding capabilities, and is ideal for connecting home digital assets as a multimedia hub.
The TS-x70 Pro series can deliver up to 447 MB/s Read and 446 MB/s Write speed with optional 4 Gigabit LAN port configuration. "Network-Attached Storage (NAS) has become an increasingly popular element in home applications, and high-quality multimedia experiences require a solution with well-integrated hardware and software features," said Jason Hsu, product manager of QNAP. "The TS-x70 Pro series boasts a powerful Dual-Core 3.3 GHz Processor to enable superior performance and allow users to benefit from a smoother and higher-quality multimedia transcoding," added Hsu.
By connecting a TS-x70 Pro series model to a HDTV via HDMI, users can enjoy multimedia contents with 5.1 channel surround sound supported by the XBMC media player provided in the QNAP HD Station. The TS-x70 Pro series delivers not only high-speed transcoding capabilities but also high-quality audio to provide a complete home theater experience.
The TS-x70 Pro series features the intuitive and app-oriented QTS 4.0 operating system that makes system operations and multimedia entertainment fully accessible and easy to use. Users can organize files & backups in one centralized location; sync files across computers, tablets & mobile devices with Qsync utility, share files across different groups and communities; and access, manage & enjoy files on the go using tablets and smart phones with mobile apps Qfile, Qmusic, Qphoto, Qmanager and VMobile.
By using the Photo Station, Music Station and Video Station, users can easily archive, manage and share all of their photo, music and video collections. The support of DLNA and AirPlay also allows users to enjoy a high quality TV experience. Users can also watch and record digital TV by inserting the DVB-T USB TV tuner to the TS-x70 Pro, and then logging into the Digital TV Station's web interface. With these features and more, the TS-x70 Pro series brings more fun to enrich home entertainment.
The TS-x70 Pro series is also a flexible backup center to well store important files and media contents. Windows and Mac users can use the QNAP NetBak Replicator and Apple Time Machine respectively to easily back up their data. Users can also use the USB one-touch-copy function by simply tapping on the "Copy" button on the front panel to instantly back up data from USB external devices to the Turbo NAS.
Thanks to the high-performance hardware design and the support of 10GbE high-speed network capabilities, the TS-x70 Pro series is also great for virtualization applications in business environments. It is compatible with VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012.
Users can increase the functionalities of the TS-x70 Pro series with QNAP's built-in App Center that provides various install-on-demand apps developed by QNAP and third-party developers. Including backup/sync, business tools, content management, communications, download, entertainment and more; QNAP's development platform also allows developers to create various applications, adding even more value to the TS-x70 Pro series and providing near-unlimited functionality for users.
Key Specs of New Models
- TS-870 Pro: 8-drive tower unit, Dual-Core Intel Core i3 3.3 GHz Processor, 2 GB DDR3 RAM expandable to 16 GB,2 x Gigabit LAN port, 10GbE-ready, supports SATA 6Gbps hard drives/ SSD hot-swappable, 2 x USB 3.0 port, HDMI port;
- TS-670 Pro: 6-drive tower unit, Dual-Core Intel Core i3 3.3 GHz Processor, 2 GB DDR3 RAM expandable to 16 GB,2 x Gigabit LAN port, 10GbE-ready, supports SATA 6Gbps hard drives/ SSD hot-swappable, 2 x USB 3.0 port, HDMI port;
- TS-470 Pro: 4-drive tower unit, Dual-Core Intel Core i3 3.3 GHz Processor, 2 GB DDR3 RAM expandable to 16 GB,2 x Gigabit LAN port, 10GbE-ready, supports SATA 6Gbps hard drives/ SSD hot-swappable, 2 x USB 3.0 port, HDMI port.
The new TS-x70 Pro series Turbo NAS is now available.
For more information on the TS-x70 Pro series and the full QNAP Turbo NAS lineup, including where to buy, please visit http://www.qnap.com.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix is finally set for launch in Australia and New Zealand
- EA announces Battlefield Hardline Premium for $50
- Qualcomm teases Snapdragon 820 processor for late 2015, early 2016
- LG details its Watch Urbane smartwatch in its latest video
- Hands-on with HTC's latest One M9 smartphone at MWC 2015
- Western Digital My Cloud DL4100 SMB NAS Review
- Asus x75a motherboard replacement
- Intel's new Cherry Trail x5, x7 and x3 Atom SoC Lineup Preview
- PC-O7S availability (USA)?
- Asrock z97 extreme6 & vga
- Moshi iLynx 3.0: 4-port USB 3.0 Hits Australia and New Zealand
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees