SteelSeries, the leading global manufacturer of gaming peripherals and accessories, today introduced the multi-platform H Wireless Headset. Its robust sound, lag-free wireless and versatile functionality bring superior audio to a wide range of platforms, including PC, Mac, mobile devices, consoles, home entertainment, streaming devices and more. Packed with features that combine comfort with technology and convenience, the new headset meets the demands of even the most discerning gamer in a wireless audio solution for the living room.
"SteelSeries headsets deliver three important things to gamers: great sound, incredible comfort and technology that makes it easy and convenient to use," said Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO. "We have always prided ourselves on delivering exceptional audio for gaming. The H Wireless headset does that and takes it to the next level, bringing a world-class audio experience to every aspect of our users' gaming and entertainment lives."
Cutting-Edge Wireless Performance
Powered by SteelSeries' next-generation drivers, the H Wireless produces rich, balanced, accurate audio with the surround-sound of three Dolby technologies:
- Dolby Digital reproduces multichannel audio for a cinematic audio experience
- Dolby Headphone recreates the sensation of up to 7.1-channel multi-speaker surround sound in headphones
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx optimizes the surround sound experience for the most realistic multi-directional sound
The biggest challenges in wireless gaming audio have always been interference and lag, and the H Wireless headset uses best-in-class technology to deliver a smooth, lag-free wireless performance unlike any other. The H Wireless achieves this through a fixed-latency, frequency-hopping system that is continuous and automatically searches between available wireless frequencies to ensure responsive and uninterrupted audio performance for the listener. Gamers will find that using the H Wireless Headset enables them to enjoy the sound quality and signal reliability of a wired headset without the tangles and inconveniences of cables.
Innovative Gaming Features
The H Wireless headset brings to market two gaming-specific audio functions that have been designed to create the optimal chat and audio experience.
- ChatMix lets the user set the right balance between game audio and chat audio for the perfect balance of game volume and communication levels
- LiveMix brings automation to that process, dynamically reducing game audio to the level of the user's choice only when chat audio is detected
Steelseries Sound: Everywhere, with Ease
While delivering an excellent wireless gaming experience across PC, Mac, Xbox and PlayStation, the H Wireless also extends well beyond gaming audio and into broader forms of entertainment like TV, movies or streaming from an Apple TV, Roku or other media devices. Users can even connect the H Wireless headset to their mobile devices; the included mobile cable connects to the headset's Sound Share port, which allows for use with any mobile device. All of the cables and accessories that make these connections possible, ship with the H Wireless.
The all-black headset, with contrasting glossy and matte black finishes, has virtually an unlimited battery life. It ships with two 20-hour lithium-ion batteries, meaning one can charge while the other is in use, so listeners never have to go wired. For added convenience, the sleek transmitter box doubles as the extra battery's storage and charger.
The H Wireless is lightweight for longwearing comfort, thanks to memory foam ear cushions and extra padding on the headband, both with a smooth, leather-like surface for passive noise reduction. The headset's retractable microphone features an LED indicator to indicate when it is muted. SteelSeries also advocates sharing: the headset includes a Sound Share port, which enables another user to connect his or her own headset and listen in.
Controlled either from the transmitter box directly or through a clickable scroll wheel found on the top of the right earcup of the headset, the H Wireless Headset allows its user to control everything without having to get up from the couch. Users will even appreciate its ability to save up to 5 audio profiles for easy and quick access to customized sound settings when switching from different types of gaming and entertainment. The transmitter is a small, compact box that blends easily into any desktop or entertainment center. Its bright OLED display clearly shows menus and setting options from connectivity to battery, Dolby status and audio settings like LiveMix. It delivers multiplatform compatibility, thanks to an array of inputs and outputs, which includes: USB (mini), Optical In and Out (S/PDIF), Analog In (3.5mm, 3-pole) and Chat Out (3.5mm, 3-pole).
The SteelSeries H Wireless Headset is available to pre-order now for $299.99 MSRP and will begin shipping this month. More information about the headset can be found at http://steelseries.com/hwireless.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni