Aqua Computers latest addition to their full cover water blocks is the kryographics Hawaii for R9 290X cards. The block is entirely made in Germany and milled from 1kg high-purity electrolytic copper raw material. It covers the GPU, all RAM chips and the voltage regulators. All areas are covered by the flow path of the cooling liquid to provide an excellent cooling performance. The GPU is covered by a micro structure with a 0.5mm grid. To efficiently cool down the voltage regulators this block also features the 3D flow technique which uses a lateral flow path to transport water through the Plexiglas directly to this array.
The contact surface of the base is high gloss polished. To gain the last bit of cooling performance the kryographics Hawaii for 290X allows using thermal grease instead of thermal pads for the RAM chips. Like the base the Plexiglas cover is also milled from a solid block. To avoid the risk of cracks Aqua Computer uses casted Plexiglas and does not drill any threads inside the cover. The cover is held in place by a stainless steel frame which allows for an evenly distributed pressure.
For an easy installation the block comes with preassembled distance pieces so the screws can be tightened as far as they will go to achieve an optimal contact pressure. Of course the block can be used with regular G1/4" fittings and the connection terminal offers threads into both directions. The regular connection terminal can be exchanged with the optional kryoconnect adapter which can be used for Crossfire setups with up to four cards. To honor the GPUs codename the block also features a little map of Hawaii which is integrated into the flow path. The milled text on the side of the block and the laser engraving of the stainless steel cover complete the outstanding look and feel.
The block with a copper base is available for 99.90 Euro while a nickel plated variant can be purchased for 114.98 Euro.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 4 'Summer update' arrives on September 1
- Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet reaches Australia, available right now
- Six people busted for using Lizard Squad's custom DDoS tool
- Square Enix improvised Final Fantasy 7's development, says Nomura
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20