Aqua Computers latest addition to their full cover water blocks is the kryographics Hawaii for R9 290X cards. The block is entirely made in Germany and milled from 1kg high-purity electrolytic copper raw material. It covers the GPU, all RAM chips and the voltage regulators. All areas are covered by the flow path of the cooling liquid to provide an excellent cooling performance. The GPU is covered by a micro structure with a 0.5mm grid. To efficiently cool down the voltage regulators this block also features the 3D flow technique which uses a lateral flow path to transport water through the Plexiglas directly to this array.
The contact surface of the base is high gloss polished. To gain the last bit of cooling performance the kryographics Hawaii for 290X allows using thermal grease instead of thermal pads for the RAM chips. Like the base the Plexiglas cover is also milled from a solid block. To avoid the risk of cracks Aqua Computer uses casted Plexiglas and does not drill any threads inside the cover. The cover is held in place by a stainless steel frame which allows for an evenly distributed pressure.
For an easy installation the block comes with preassembled distance pieces so the screws can be tightened as far as they will go to achieve an optimal contact pressure. Of course the block can be used with regular G1/4" fittings and the connection terminal offers threads into both directions. The regular connection terminal can be exchanged with the optional kryoconnect adapter which can be used for Crossfire setups with up to four cards. To honor the GPUs codename the block also features a little map of Hawaii which is integrated into the flow path. The milled text on the side of the block and the laser engraving of the stainless steel cover complete the outstanding look and feel.
The block with a copper base is available for 99.90 Euro while a nickel plated variant can be purchased for 114.98 Euro.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung announces new Gear VR for the new Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge
- Samsung makes the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge official, with 14nm CPU
- Acer launches its first Windows 8.1 smartphone, the Liquid M220
- Acer leaps into wearable game with Liquid Leap+ and multi-OS support
- Acer's new Liquid Jade Z smartphone revealed at MWC 2015
- Dummy put Wrong processor in 1333-d667
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Memory Tweaker
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop