According to IDC, the CAGR of the storage market for enterprises will continue to grow by 3.9% in the future. By 2020, the global data volume will increase by 50 folds than that of today. Thus, how to manage such large volume of data is bound to be the significant task for IT managers, which includes a vital issue of hard disk real-time monitoring and diagnosis.
Currently, most traditional hard drives and Solid State Drives (SSDs) adopt S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology), which is the optimal early warning tool for single PC, to check the drive's status at any time, such as temperature, usage time, erase times, charging times, for analyzing and predicting the timing to replace the drive. However, with the coming of cloud computing era, 3A management (Any time, Any where, Any device) are required for managers to monitor cloud storage device, while S.M.A.R.T. still functions for monitoring single PC only. Once the user is not at the scene, the "golden hour" for data rescue would slip away especially in situations such as unexpected tampering, power supply abnormality, interface destruction.
Apacer SSDWidget, a real-time monitoring and diagnosis software tool, addresses the shortcomings of S.M.A.R.T. and satisfies the mobile needs in the cloud computing era. Robert Lee, Director of the Product Development Division indicated that, "SSDWidget is designed for SSD current mainstream SATA 6.0 Gbps interfaces. Manager may connect several SSDs within the enterprise together, conduct instant monitoring via web browser or mobile App, and integrate attributes like erase times, unpredicted power failure times, SATA signal failure times, ECC failure times and data written in the system into cloud monitoring content. Meanwhile, users can customize the update cycle of report data themselves to ensure real-time understanding of the status of all SSDs."
Apacer SSDWidget may connect all SSDs within the enterprise through cloud technology, upgraded from single PC monitoring. Provided that the device has access to the Internet, through web browsers, Client Version of PC, and APP (Mobile Version) of Smart Mobile Devices (Phone/Pad), the manager may link with SSDs in all places to check the status, service life, etc. under the most strict security management without any restriction of time and place. By this means, it achieves 3A (Any time, Any where, Any device) management state with fast repair and maintenance, effective risk avoidance from unexpected damage, significant enterprise data lost prevention, enhanced data security of SSD, and also administrative cost reduction.
Besides, Apacer SSDWidget is not merely real-time monitoring software but also a breakthrough in comprehensive SSD management. SSDWidget client version possesses disk blocks scan, including random blocks scan and full scan for hard drive's status checking. Data matching scan ensures the correctness of data. During the matching process, it generates virtual file in the target storage path. When the matching finishes, the virtual file disappears automatically without showing in the disk. Regular scans may ensure whether there is any data damage.
From past PC dominance led by Windows and Intel, till current post-PC era dominated by smart devices, Apacer has enriched its knowledge of user experience revolution promoted by innovation. Thus, besides continual launches of various storage devices, we introduce the versatile Apacer SSDWidget real-time monitoring and diagnosis software tool designed for management. From single PC/SSD control to multi-mainframe/numerous SSDs remote management; from iPad/iPhone monitoring to web browser and App checking at all times and places; from pure S.M.A.R.T. software to comprehensive SSD management, Apacer has witnessed user's changing habits driven by trends, and will further lead disk management to a new cloud computing experience.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair