Micron Technology, Inc., today announced that the company has named Brian Angell, vice president, Advanced Controller Development. Angell will be responsible for leading Micron's controller development in support of Micron's enterprise, mobile and embedded businesses. He brings to Micron nearly 30 years of technology experience in various senior engineering roles across several leading companies. He most recently served as vice president of engineering for NVIDIA's mobile business unit - one of multiple roles he held at NVIDIA since joining the company in 2002.
"As Micron continues our evolution to more systems-level solutions, we continue to invest in the area of systems enablement that includes a focus in areas such as controller, firmware and software development," said Micron President Mark Adams. "We couldn't be more excited to have someone of Brian's caliber leading Micron's advanced controller development efforts."
Angell's professional background includes serving as director of engineering at Vivace Networks from 2000 to 2002, Chief Technology Officer of Raydiant from 1998 to 1999 and director of consumer products at 3dfx Interactive from 1996 to 1998. He also held engineering roles at Sun Microsystems and Sentry Schlumberger. Angell earned a bachelor of science in Electronics Engineering Technology from Devry Institute of Technology in 1984.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils the larger screened Diamond Plus smartphone
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20