ASUS today announced the launch of its R9 200 and R7 200 Series DirectCU II graphics cards, powered by the latest AMD Radeon R9 and R7 series graphics-processing units (GPUs). The new R9 280X, R9 270X and R7 260X graphics cards are brimming with exclusive ASUS technologies and tools including DirectCU II cooling technology for cooler and quieter gaming performance, DIGI+ voltage-regulator modules (VRMs) for smooth and stable power supply and GPU Tweak, an easy-to-use software for tuning the graphics card. The R9 280X, R9 270X and R7 260X are all ASUS TOP-rated graphics cards, meaning they are overclocked to perform faster than reference - respectively turning in core speeds of 1070MHz, 1120MHz and 1188MHz.
Faster, quieter and cooler - even in the heat of battle
All three new graphics cards benefit from exclusive ASUS DirectCU II cooling technology. This puts highly-conductive copper cooling pipes in direct contact with a card's GPU so heat is dissipated quickly and with extreme efficiency. Compared with reference Radeon R9 and R7 designs, ASUS R9 280X, R9 270X and R7 260X with DirectCU II allow the latest AMD Radeon GPUs to run up to 20% cooler, three times (3X) quieter- so gamers can enjoy ultra-stable play with very low noise. R9 280X outperforms reference designs with an exclusive 10mm heat-pipe that transports 40% more heat away from the GPU and radiating fins with a surface area that's 220% larger - further improving cooling.
The fans of R9 280X, R9 270X, and R7 260X are all dust-proof, reducing debris accumulation and retaining peak performance over a longer lifespan. In addition, R9 280X boasts exclusive ASUS CoolTech fan technology. This innovative cooler's hybrid blade and bearing design, with inner radial blower and outer flower-shaped blades, delivers multi-directional airflow to accelerate heat removal and enable improved graphics performance.
Incredible stability with DIGI+ Super Alloy Power
R9 280X, R9 270X and R7 260X are all equipped with exclusive ASUS DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power technology. Paired with Super Alloy Power solid-state capacitors, concrete-core chokes and hardened MOSFETs, DIGI+ VRM delivers multi-phase power and digital voltage regulation for increased graphics card stability and cleaner power, even during the most intense GPU activities.
DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power technology also reduces power noise such as buzzing and increases the graphic card's longevity: compared to reference cards, power noise is reduced by as much as 30% and the card's expected lifespan by up to two-and-a-half times (2.5X).
Easy overclocking and online streaming
The included ASUS GPU Tweak utility enables R9 280X, R9 270X and R7 260X users intuitive control over GPU and video-memory clock speeds and voltages, cooling-fan speeds and power-consumption thresholds - so they can overclock easily and with high confidence. Multiple profiles for different games can also be created for rapid on-demand switching between custom performance setups.
R9 280X, R9 270X and R7 260X also include GPU Tweak Streaming, an online-streaming tool that lets users share on-screen action over the internet in real time - so others can watch live as games are played. It's even possible to add to the streaming window scrolling text, pictures and webcam images.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog