Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its completely new and redesigned line of high-performance thin-and-light business laptops for mobile professionals. The all-new 13.3-inch Portégé Z30, 14-inch Tecra Z40 and 15.6-inch Tecra Z50 offer no-compromise performance for multitasking, enhanced durability as well as built-in manageability and security features required by corporate IT departments across the globe.
"Our new line of thin and light Portégé and Tecra products redefine the common business laptop," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "We've fused the extreme mobility and style of our Portégé line with the performance and strength of our Tecra line across the board and added everything today's mobile workers could ask for - durable and highly reliable, with all-workday battery life, an abundance of full size ports, advanced security features and the impressive craftsmanship businesses expect from Toshiba."
Completely Redesigned for Mobility and Style
The laptops feature an all-new stylish and thin design. Built with premium magnesium alloy Tough Body chassis that is not only durable but extremely light, the Portégé Z30 stands at a slim 0.7 inches thin, weighing a mere 2.6 pounds, the Tecra Z40 measures 0.8 inches thin and just 3.2 pounds and the Tecra Z50 measures 0.8 inches thin and weighs 3.9 pounds. All three offer increased protection with shock-absorbing design and Toshiba's unique honeycomb reinforcement structure for increased rigidity and durability. Highly efficient AirFlow II cooling technology keeps the devices cool.
The laptops feature spill-resistant, full-size LED-backlit keyboards that let work continue even in dimly lit environments and include the Dual Point pointing system, giving users the choice between using the touchpad or Accupoint. Toshiba's EasyGuard technology is also included to help safeguard the laptops' critical components against the stress and hazards of today's mobile world. To ensure the devices stand up to the test of time, the laptops undergo rigorous testing, including Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) at Toshiba facilities in Japan, which in certain testing conditions can replicate up to three years of usage scenarios.
Versatile Performance for Powerful Multitasking and Security
Configurable with 4th generation Intel Core i5 or Core i7 U processors with vPro technology, the new Portégé Z30, Tecra Z40 and Tecra Z50 include a versatile, secure and manageable "built-for-business" platform. Trusted Platform Module (TPM), a Fingerprint Reader and optional SmartCard technology provide the extra security IT departments require.
The Portégé Z30 Ultrabook can be configured with a 128 GB or 256 GB SSD and the Tecra Line can be configured with a wide range of high speed hard drives up to 750 GB and solid state drives up to 512 GB along with up to 16 GB RAM. The Tecra Z40 and Z50 feature optional NVIDIA GeForce 730M discrete graphics with NVIDIA Optimus technology.
The Portégé Z30 features a 13.3-inch diagonal HD display, the Tecra Z40 can be configured with either a 14-inch diagonal HD or HD+ display, and the Tecra Z50 features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD display. Pre-installed with Windows 7 Professional, the new laptops also come with Windows 8 Pro upgrade option.
The laptops are also packed with plenty of features that make mobile life more convenient including a full array of ports. The laptops feature three USB 3.0 ports, plus VGA, full-size HDMI and full-size SD media card reader, Gigabit Ethernet and fast dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. The latest USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge technology lets mobile professionals charge tablets and phones even while the laptop is off. The laptops are built with high-capacity batteries, making a full mobile workday possible on a single charge.
Common Docking and Accessories
Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as power adapters and port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users. In addition, the laptops also share a common image, allowing IT to easily customize to meet unique needs across the board and deploy to users quickly.
Better Manageability for IT with Toshiba Smart Client Manager
Toshiba's new business laptops and tablets also can be configured with Toshiba Smart Client Manager, software developed with IBM Endpoint Manager that enables IT professionals to better control the power, patch and security management across enterprise deployments. Toshiba Smart Client Manager includes:
- Toshiba Patch Management provides a streamlined solution for patch maintenance that enhances compliance while reducing business risks and complexity. From a single management console, a system administrator can easily provide up-to-date patch visibility, control the deployment of patches and resolve problems from previously applied patches.
- Toshiba Power Management grants IT the ability to distribute and optimize power management settings down to each deployed PC, including settings for peak hours of consumption and the ability to monitor consumption and adjust accordingly for better energy efficiency.
- Toshiba Security allows system administrators to control access by preventing a PC from starting up, logging on and being unlocked unless the PC is authenticated by the management server or a management USB key is inserted in the PC. Enhanced security features also allow administrators to restrict access to a number of external and network devices.
Pricing and Availability
The Portégé Z30 will be available for purchase through Corporate Direct, select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, business-focused e-tailers and from ToshibaDirect.com on October 18, 2013, starting at $1,279 MSRP10.
The Tecra Z40 will be available for purchase through Corporate Direct, select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, business-focused e-tailers and from ToshibaDirect.com on October 18, 2013, starting at $1,229 MSRP.
The Tecra Z50 will be available for purchase through Corporate Direct, select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, business-focused e-tailers and from ToshibaDirect.com at the end of November, 2013, starting at $1,229 MSRP.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines