Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced the Portégé R30 laptop, a premium ultraportable PC as part of its rollout of new business laptops. The thin and light Portégé R30 offers the ultimate in mobility and unparalleled performance with a full-voltage 4th generation Intel Core M processor without sacrificing battery life. Business users will enjoy a wealth of features - including a built-in DVD drive - in a laptop that is only about one inch thin and starts at just 3.2 pounds.
"As today's professionals become increasingly mobile, they need a laptop that is ultra-portable, but without sacrificing the performance and features of a business class PC," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "The Portégé R30 offers full performance, durability and battery life in a slim, 13-inch form factor, enabling increased productivity and flexibility for mobile workers, while providing the enterprise security needed by corporate IT departments."
Full Performance in a Thin-and-Light Design
The Portégé R30 offers full performance - plus a built-in optical drive - without the burden of a bulky laptop. Users will have all the speed they need to work and create with a full-voltage 4th generation Intel Core M processor, up to 16 GB of DDR3 memory, and up to a 750 GB hard drive or 512 GB solid state drive. Built-in Intel vPro technology, plus Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and a Fingerprint Reader provide the extra security IT departments require.
Designed for Durability
Encased in a premium magnesium alloy Tough Body chassis, the Portégé R30 offers increased protection with a shock-absorbing design and a unique honeycomb reinforcement structure for increased rigidity and durability. It also features Toshiba's innovative EasyGuard technology to help safeguard the laptop's critical components against the stress and hazards of today's mobile world and undergoes rigorous spill, drop and Highly Accelerated Life (HALT) testing at Toshiba facilities in Japan, and features a highly efficient AirFlow II cooling technology that keeps the device cool.
Full-size Ports for Dongle-free Convenience
With the Portégé R30, mobile workers can share and sync for greater efficiency with a full range of essential ports - three USB 3.0 ports plus a full-size HDMI, media card reader and LAN port. Additionally, the latest USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge lets users charge their tablets and phones even while the laptop is off. This laptop enhances on-the-go convenience even further with an all-workday battery life rating - and can extend the workday - with a user-replaceable battery. The laptop also shares a common docking station and other accessories with other Tecra and Portégé laptops for greater enterprise efficiency.
Common Docking and Accessories
Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as power adapters and port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users. In addition, the laptops also share a common image, allowing IT to easily customize to meet unique needs across the board and deploy to users quickly.
Pricing and Availability
The Portégé R30 will be available for purchase through Corporate Direct, select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, e-tailers and from ToshibaDirect.com at the end of November 2013.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA's purported Volta-based TITAN Xv spotted
- Joss Wheddon taking over 'Justice League' directing duty
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delay causes stock dive
- Destiny 2 on PC: no dedicated servers
- Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed to Spring 2018
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Alien Covenant Movie Review
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning