Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today introduced the Portégé R30 laptop, a premium ultraportable PC as part of its rollout of new business laptops. The thin and light Portégé R30 offers the ultimate in mobility and unparalleled performance with a full-voltage 4th generation Intel Core M processor without sacrificing battery life. Business users will enjoy a wealth of features - including a built-in DVD drive - in a laptop that is only about one inch thin and starts at just 3.2 pounds.
"As today's professionals become increasingly mobile, they need a laptop that is ultra-portable, but without sacrificing the performance and features of a business class PC," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "The Portégé R30 offers full performance, durability and battery life in a slim, 13-inch form factor, enabling increased productivity and flexibility for mobile workers, while providing the enterprise security needed by corporate IT departments."
Full Performance in a Thin-and-Light Design
The Portégé R30 offers full performance - plus a built-in optical drive - without the burden of a bulky laptop. Users will have all the speed they need to work and create with a full-voltage 4th generation Intel Core M processor, up to 16 GB of DDR3 memory, and up to a 750 GB hard drive or 512 GB solid state drive. Built-in Intel vPro technology, plus Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and a Fingerprint Reader provide the extra security IT departments require.
Designed for Durability
Encased in a premium magnesium alloy Tough Body chassis, the Portégé R30 offers increased protection with a shock-absorbing design and a unique honeycomb reinforcement structure for increased rigidity and durability. It also features Toshiba's innovative EasyGuard technology to help safeguard the laptop's critical components against the stress and hazards of today's mobile world and undergoes rigorous spill, drop and Highly Accelerated Life (HALT) testing at Toshiba facilities in Japan, and features a highly efficient AirFlow II cooling technology that keeps the device cool.
Full-size Ports for Dongle-free Convenience
With the Portégé R30, mobile workers can share and sync for greater efficiency with a full range of essential ports - three USB 3.0 ports plus a full-size HDMI, media card reader and LAN port. Additionally, the latest USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge lets users charge their tablets and phones even while the laptop is off. This laptop enhances on-the-go convenience even further with an all-workday battery life rating - and can extend the workday - with a user-replaceable battery. The laptop also shares a common docking station and other accessories with other Tecra and Portégé laptops for greater enterprise efficiency.
Common Docking and Accessories
Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as power adapters and port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users. In addition, the laptops also share a common image, allowing IT to easily customize to meet unique needs across the board and deploy to users quickly.
Pricing and Availability
The Portégé R30 will be available for purchase through Corporate Direct, select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, e-tailers and from ToshibaDirect.com at the end of November 2013.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99