LG Electronics USA today launched two new "UltraWide" 21:9 aspect ratio* LED monitors designed to offer professional tools for effective multitasking and excellent gaming experience. Models EA73 and LN450W, which will be on sale in late September, also employ LG's advanced In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology and 2560 x 1080 resolution capability* to deliver exceptional picture quality. "Picture quality is always the number one priority when LG designs display products, but we also focus on versatility," said Tim Alessi, director of new product development at LG Electronics USA. "Our new UltraWide monitors exemplify that focus with features that make them ideal for home-office professionals, students, gamers and casual users alike."
UltraWide Monitor: Multitasking and Multimedia Functionality
LG's new UltraWide monitors feature multitasking and multimedia capabilities, making them ideal for a variety of uses, such as gaming, watching movies and everyday tasks. In addition to their unique aspect ratio and 29-inch class screens (29.0 inches measured diagonally), a feature gamers love because it expands overall screen real estate, LG's new monitors come with software designed to help consumers easily manage multiple windows and source devices.
LG's 4-Screen Split feature allows users to divide the screen into four sections at eight different screen ratios, so users can prioritize windows by size and location instead of having to manually resize and position each window individually. A few simple mouse clicks enable the user to quickly arrange windows into a variety of useful configurations, perfect for the student or professional who needs to jump from program to program. Adding even more versatility, a connectivity feature called Dual-Link Up allows the monitor to connect to two source devices (e.g. smartphones, PCs, cameras, Blu-ray players or gaming systems) and display each on a single screen simultaneously.
Completing the Package
The IPS 21:9 UltraWide series is Mac compatible and supports Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL), HDMI and DisplayPort, transforming PCs into powerful entertainment hubs capable of mirroring and transmitting content from a wide range of devices. Graphic designers also should find the monitor's 99 percent sRGB color space expression and support for color calibration helpful. Coupled with these features is IPS technology to help ensure the most accurate color reproduction of source materials.
The LN450W incorporates a digital TV tuner for broadcast reception as well as cable or set-top box connectivity. Both models feature 7W speakers and LG's immersive, thin-bezel CINEMA SCREEN Design for a complete entertainment package.
The EA73 and LN450W will be on sale online and retailers at suggested prices of $599.99 and $649.99, respectively. For more information please visit this page.
Latest News Posts
- The Division to feature 100-player 'Dark Zones', PvP, and so much more
- Game on for our 'Hunger Games: Mockingay' Blu-ray Giveaway
- Google hit AI breakthrough that could be huge for self-driving cars
- SanDisk unveils huge 200GB microSD card for Android devices
- Concern in rising number of tax-related scams and cybercrime
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Dummy put Wrong processor in 1333-d667
- Underappreciated gaming accessories and over-hyped marketing terms
- asrock p67 transformer mobo & overclocking i5 750
- overclocking guide
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop