Other World Computing (OWC) http://www.macsales.com, the world's leading destination for cutting-edge and easy-to-install Mac and PC upgrades and accessories, has expanded its Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini portable hardware-RAID storage product line with two new 3.0 TB models, available as 3.0 TB RAID-1 (for robust data protection) or 3.0 TB RAID-0 (for maximum performance).
What it does: This bus-powered (no AC adapter is required) unit stores a tremendous amount of data safely using RAID technology, or even more data with super-fast access. Featuring hardware RAID-1 (mirrored) redundancy for data protection or RAID-0 (striped) for maximum throughput, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini contains two 2.5" hard drives or OWC Mercury Electra 6G SSDs for up to 3.0 TB of capacity. A "quad interface" of FireWire 800, FireWire 400, USB 2.0, and eSATA connections delivers data transfer speeds of up to 300 MB/s with Mac and PC computers.
Why it's cool: It's the ultimate portable storage solution for professional users. Lightweight, bus-powered, and impact-resistant, in a 5.6 in (D) x 6.1 in (W) x 1.1 in (H) brushed aluminum enclosure with near silent, fanless operation, the Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini fits easily into laptop, photography, and other gear bags because of its side-by-side drive orientation. Fast, hardware-RAID technology is ideal for demanding data storage and backup needs, and can be configured with either high-performance hard disks or SSDs.
What it costs: The new 3.0 TB Mercury Elite Pro Dual mini models are priced at $359.99, and join a great line-up that includes hard disk options with speeds of up to 7200 RPM and SSDs with eSATA bus-saturating speeds. Pricing starts at $191.99 for a 640 GB 7200 RPM unit, with 32 MB buffer.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Mafia 3 demo released, offers 50% discount on full game
- MSI unveils GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Armor & Aero cards
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer spins wicked web
- 'Justice League', 'Aquaman' IMAX VR experiences on way
- Halo Wars Definitive Edition teased on PC with Steam
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design