ASUS today announced the MB168 Series Portable USB-powered Monitor, a 15.6-inch companion display designed for laptop and desktop PCs. Both power and video signal are supplied over a single USB 3.0 cable, removing the need to carry a bulky power adapter and video cable. With a slim 8 mm profile and tipping the scales at just 800g, the MB168 Series is the world's slimmest and lightest companion display and is ideal for simple dual-monitor set-ups and presentations. With a mercury-free LED-backlit display that consumes just 5W in active use and 0W in standby mode, the ASUS MB168 Series delivers excellent performance with minimal impact on laptop battery life.
The MB168 Series is available with 1920 x 1080 Full HD and 1366 x 768 resolutions. Both models require just a single USB 3.0 connection for the video signal and power. The high bandwidth USB 3.0 delivers faster signal transmissions to ensure a lag-free viewing experience. The MB168 Series is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports, with only a slight difference in display brightness.
A durable metallic finish with a fine pattern of concentric circles makes the MB168 Series the perfect complement to the ASUS Zenbook Ultrabook and it ships with a protective carry case that doubles as an adjustable stand for tabletop use.
Exclusive ASUS EzLink Technology
The MB168 Series features ASUS EzLink technology that offloads graphics processing from the PC to dedicated hardware in the monitor. As a result, a PC or notebook can drive up to five MB168 Series monitors at the same time, regardless of its own graphics capability - it just needs sufficient USB ports. EzLink senses ambient light levels and adjusts monitor brightness accordingly, and automatically rotates the image between landscape and portrait modes, as required.
Latest News Posts
- Real cabon fibre in a PC build - we're not joking
- Apple recruiting engineers to help develop virtual reality devices
- Round 2 - Smartflash is suing Apple after their previous $533m win
- US regulator worried of major 'Armageddon' cyberattack targeting banks
- Google will launch two new Nexus smartphones made by LG and Huawei
- All eyes are on GDC 2015 for the future of VR
- asrock G41C-GS MOBO
- Dell Poweredge T110 V52N7 Motherboard
- Asrock h87 fatality performance sound problem
- win crash
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop