ASUS today announced the MB168 Series Portable USB-powered Monitor, a 15.6-inch companion display designed for laptop and desktop PCs. Both power and video signal are supplied over a single USB 3.0 cable, removing the need to carry a bulky power adapter and video cable. With a slim 8 mm profile and tipping the scales at just 800g, the MB168 Series is the world's slimmest and lightest companion display and is ideal for simple dual-monitor set-ups and presentations. With a mercury-free LED-backlit display that consumes just 5W in active use and 0W in standby mode, the ASUS MB168 Series delivers excellent performance with minimal impact on laptop battery life.
The MB168 Series is available with 1920 x 1080 Full HD and 1366 x 768 resolutions. Both models require just a single USB 3.0 connection for the video signal and power. The high bandwidth USB 3.0 delivers faster signal transmissions to ensure a lag-free viewing experience. The MB168 Series is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports, with only a slight difference in display brightness.
A durable metallic finish with a fine pattern of concentric circles makes the MB168 Series the perfect complement to the ASUS Zenbook Ultrabook and it ships with a protective carry case that doubles as an adjustable stand for tabletop use.
Exclusive ASUS EzLink Technology
The MB168 Series features ASUS EzLink technology that offloads graphics processing from the PC to dedicated hardware in the monitor. As a result, a PC or notebook can drive up to five MB168 Series monitors at the same time, regardless of its own graphics capability - it just needs sufficient USB ports. EzLink senses ambient light levels and adjusts monitor brightness accordingly, and automatically rotates the image between landscape and portrait modes, as required.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Scorpio announced early to not piss gamers off
- 7nm CPU from AMD in 2019 with 8 threads, just 10W power
- Google tease 'Andromeda' as a merge of Android/Chrome OS
- NVIDIA preparing for GeForce GTX 1050 launch next month
- Analogix acquired by Chinese consortium for $500 million
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now