ASUS today announced the MB168 Series Portable USB-powered Monitor, a 15.6-inch companion display designed for laptop and desktop PCs. Both power and video signal are supplied over a single USB 3.0 cable, removing the need to carry a bulky power adapter and video cable. With a slim 8 mm profile and tipping the scales at just 800g, the MB168 Series is the world's slimmest and lightest companion display and is ideal for simple dual-monitor set-ups and presentations. With a mercury-free LED-backlit display that consumes just 5W in active use and 0W in standby mode, the ASUS MB168 Series delivers excellent performance with minimal impact on laptop battery life.
The MB168 Series is available with 1920 x 1080 Full HD and 1366 x 768 resolutions. Both models require just a single USB 3.0 connection for the video signal and power. The high bandwidth USB 3.0 delivers faster signal transmissions to ensure a lag-free viewing experience. The MB168 Series is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports, with only a slight difference in display brightness.
A durable metallic finish with a fine pattern of concentric circles makes the MB168 Series the perfect complement to the ASUS Zenbook Ultrabook and it ships with a protective carry case that doubles as an adjustable stand for tabletop use.
Exclusive ASUS EzLink Technology
The MB168 Series features ASUS EzLink technology that offloads graphics processing from the PC to dedicated hardware in the monitor. As a result, a PC or notebook can drive up to five MB168 Series monitors at the same time, regardless of its own graphics capability - it just needs sufficient USB ports. EzLink senses ambient light levels and adjusts monitor brightness accordingly, and automatically rotates the image between landscape and portrait modes, as required.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Unity answers Unreal's VR Editor with its own VR-in-VR dev toolset
- Netflix completes migration to Amazon Web Services at last
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives