WHAT: At VMworld 2013, LSI Nytro solutions will be showcased in the following breakout sessions and partner booths:
- EUC5708: Low-Cost, High-Performance Storage for Horizon Desktops
Session description: Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) projects face the challenge of maintaining a low cost-per-desktop, while maximizing end-user satisfaction. In this session, experts from VMware will discuss the storage challenges facing Horizon desktop deployments and how they can be overcome with storage solutions such as LSI Nytro server-side flash acceleration cards to deliver a first-class virtual desktop environment.
- Wednesday, Aug. 28, 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Marriott, Yerba Buena Level, Salon 8
- Registration is disabled for this user.
- Thursday, Aug. 29, 12:30pm - 1:30pm: Moscone West, Room 3001
Low-Latency Storage Solutions for Accelerating VDI Workload Performance
Theatre presentation: LSI will discuss a storage solution supporting a VMware environment that uses low-latency iSER connectivity provided by the Mellanox ConnectX 40GbE card and low-latency data access provided by the Nytro MegaRAID application acceleration card. The integrated solution was tested using a demanding VMware View VDI workload and supported the storage demand of up to 150 simultaneous desktops from a single server. By enabling large VDI deployments to be supported, the solution offers a cost-effective alternative to all-flash storage appliances.
- Monday, Aug. 26, 11:45am: Mellanox Technologies Booth #2005
Accelerating VDI Using the LSI Nytro MegaRAID Card
Demo description: The demo will show the benefits of the Nytro MegaRAID card integrated with a Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F system in a VMware VDI environment. The demo will run the Login VSI benchmark to generate a load of up to 100 VDI sessions using VMware View. Login VSI is a vendor-independent, industry-standard benchmarking tool to measure the performance and scalability of centralized desktop environments like VDI.
The demo will highlight the difference in user response times, both with and without the Nytro MegaRAID card, supporting a number of desktop sessions on a Supermicro platform. The demo will showcase how the Nytro MegaRAID card's onboard flash and intelligent caching can decrease the cost of each virtual desktop while simultaneously increasing application performance.
- Moscone South Hall: Supermicro Booth #2205
- WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
WHEN: Solutions Exchange Hours
- Sunday, Aug. 25: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Monday, Aug. 26: 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Aug. 27: 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday, Aug. 28: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Latest News Posts
- Fake Apple factory busted in China, with 9 arrested so far
- Intel's new 3D XPoint flash memory is 1,000 times faster than NAND
- Who needs house keys? Use a hands-free fob instead!
- Argument rages over encryption and how much access government gets
- 4 Gadget Repairs You Can Make Yourself With this iFixIt Bundle
- Phase led on, but no boots
- memory swap!
- I think my Gigabyte X99 UD5 Wifi is dead!
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition Video Card Review
- PC is booting but without post beep
- Thermaltake Sponsors PDXLAN 26 and Quakecon 2015
- Addonics Announces Rack-Mount SATA to USB 3.1 Converter
- COUGAR Announces 230M and 250M Gaming Mice
- Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices
- Razer Acquires OUYA Software Assets