WHAT: At VMworld 2013, LSI Nytro solutions will be showcased in the following breakout sessions and partner booths:
- EUC5708: Low-Cost, High-Performance Storage for Horizon Desktops
Session description: Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) projects face the challenge of maintaining a low cost-per-desktop, while maximizing end-user satisfaction. In this session, experts from VMware will discuss the storage challenges facing Horizon desktop deployments and how they can be overcome with storage solutions such as LSI Nytro server-side flash acceleration cards to deliver a first-class virtual desktop environment.
- Wednesday, Aug. 28, 3:30pm - 4:30pm: Marriott, Yerba Buena Level, Salon 8
- Registration is disabled for this user.
- Thursday, Aug. 29, 12:30pm - 1:30pm: Moscone West, Room 3001
Low-Latency Storage Solutions for Accelerating VDI Workload Performance
Theatre presentation: LSI will discuss a storage solution supporting a VMware environment that uses low-latency iSER connectivity provided by the Mellanox ConnectX 40GbE card and low-latency data access provided by the Nytro MegaRAID application acceleration card. The integrated solution was tested using a demanding VMware View VDI workload and supported the storage demand of up to 150 simultaneous desktops from a single server. By enabling large VDI deployments to be supported, the solution offers a cost-effective alternative to all-flash storage appliances.
- Monday, Aug. 26, 11:45am: Mellanox Technologies Booth #2005
Accelerating VDI Using the LSI Nytro MegaRAID Card
Demo description: The demo will show the benefits of the Nytro MegaRAID card integrated with a Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F system in a VMware VDI environment. The demo will run the Login VSI benchmark to generate a load of up to 100 VDI sessions using VMware View. Login VSI is a vendor-independent, industry-standard benchmarking tool to measure the performance and scalability of centralized desktop environments like VDI.
The demo will highlight the difference in user response times, both with and without the Nytro MegaRAID card, supporting a number of desktop sessions on a Supermicro platform. The demo will showcase how the Nytro MegaRAID card's onboard flash and intelligent caching can decrease the cost of each virtual desktop while simultaneously increasing application performance.
- Moscone South Hall: Supermicro Booth #2205
- WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
WHEN: Solutions Exchange Hours
- Sunday, Aug. 25: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Monday, Aug. 26: 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Tuesday, Aug. 27: 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Wednesday, Aug. 28: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Latest News Posts
- Intel will talk about its 10nm production later this year
- Codemasters delays F1 2015, new release date of July 10
- Big developers have joined AMD and PC Gamer's PC Gaming Show at E3
- Palmer Luckey being sued by his previous employee over the Oculus Rift
- Johan Andersson, Frostbite engineer, teases AMD Radeon R9 390X
- Asus F550JK freeze
- TITAN X Artifacts issue
- Just wanted to say Hello.
- ASUS GeForce GTX 980 ROG Matrix Platinum Video Card Review
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling