Lenovo today announced the ThinkStation E32, an entry-level workstation ideal for professionals working in computer-aided design, product development and architecture. The ThinkStation E32 is available with Intel Xeon E3 and 4th generation Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors so applications run fast and reliably, as well as enhanced memory and graphics capabilities to provide users more choices for superior performance and productivity. On select models, the E32 also comes with a 60-day free trial1 of AutodeskAutoCAD LT2014drafting software, which helps design professionals create precise 2D CAD drawings that can be easily edited and shared.
"The ThinkStation E32 is built for the design and engineering community and is an ideal workstation for running AutoCAD LT," said Sheila Parker Tolle, senior director of ecommerce and small business marketing at Autodesk. "Having a trial of AutoCAD LT factory installed and ready to go for 60 days on the Lenovo ThinkStation E32 makes it easy for customers to start their AutoCAD LT evaluation, and gives them the powerful, responsive computing power they need to create complex designs quickly and effectively."
Top-Shelf Performance on a PC Budget
Available as a tower or small form factor (SFF), the ThinkStation E32 features Intel's Xeon E3 1200 v3 product family - delivering powerful performance, reliability and support for specialized modeling and product design at an entry-level budget. The performance and value also make the E32 a great option for the medical-imaging, media and entertainment and financial services industries, where users work with basic models and streaming data sets.
In addition to the Autodesk AutoCAD LT trial, the ThinkStation E32 is equipped with Microsoft's Windows 8 Pro and is certified to run many key applications from professional independent software vendors (ISV), including Adobe, PTC, SolidWorks and Siemens PLM. ISV certification protects user investment by ensuring a tried and tested solution with full application support from the software vendor. Users also benefit from the workstation's Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory to drastically reduce the possibility of memory-related errors and critical data loss. Its 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory DIMMs capability seamlessly provide users with application responsiveness and the dependability needed to start and finish a project without missing a beat.
"Modeling and design work can be extremely time intensive. Many design revisions and iterations take place, with data running in the background, to get to a final product," says Rob Herman, director of Product and Vertical Marketing, ThinkStation business unit, Lenovo. "The ThinkStation E32 is a design workhorse, giving users workstation level performance and effortless productivity on a PC-sized budget."
Both ThinkStation E32 models offer professional graphics capabilities with the option of NVIDIA's latest Quadro graphics cards (up to K4000 in the tower and K600 in the SFF) as well as Intel P4600 HD graphics. In addition, the E32 easily supports users' large memory needs with up to 32 GB in both models and sports two USB 3.0 ports in the front of the chassis, or six total USB 3.0 ports, which provide 10x faster transfer rates over USB 2.0 for increased productivity and usability.
Pricing and Availability
The Lenovo ThinkStation E32 tower model and the Lenovo ThinkStation E32 SFF will be available starting September 6. Pricing starts at approximately $729. The workstations will be available through Lenovo business partners and Lenovo's own website.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset