Lenovo today announced the ThinkStation E32, an entry-level workstation ideal for professionals working in computer-aided design, product development and architecture. The ThinkStation E32 is available with Intel Xeon E3 and 4th generation Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors so applications run fast and reliably, as well as enhanced memory and graphics capabilities to provide users more choices for superior performance and productivity. On select models, the E32 also comes with a 60-day free trial1 of AutodeskAutoCAD LT2014drafting software, which helps design professionals create precise 2D CAD drawings that can be easily edited and shared.
"The ThinkStation E32 is built for the design and engineering community and is an ideal workstation for running AutoCAD LT," said Sheila Parker Tolle, senior director of ecommerce and small business marketing at Autodesk. "Having a trial of AutoCAD LT factory installed and ready to go for 60 days on the Lenovo ThinkStation E32 makes it easy for customers to start their AutoCAD LT evaluation, and gives them the powerful, responsive computing power they need to create complex designs quickly and effectively."
Top-Shelf Performance on a PC Budget
Available as a tower or small form factor (SFF), the ThinkStation E32 features Intel's Xeon E3 1200 v3 product family - delivering powerful performance, reliability and support for specialized modeling and product design at an entry-level budget. The performance and value also make the E32 a great option for the medical-imaging, media and entertainment and financial services industries, where users work with basic models and streaming data sets.
In addition to the Autodesk AutoCAD LT trial, the ThinkStation E32 is equipped with Microsoft's Windows 8 Pro and is certified to run many key applications from professional independent software vendors (ISV), including Adobe, PTC, SolidWorks and Siemens PLM. ISV certification protects user investment by ensuring a tried and tested solution with full application support from the software vendor. Users also benefit from the workstation's Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory to drastically reduce the possibility of memory-related errors and critical data loss. Its 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory DIMMs capability seamlessly provide users with application responsiveness and the dependability needed to start and finish a project without missing a beat.
"Modeling and design work can be extremely time intensive. Many design revisions and iterations take place, with data running in the background, to get to a final product," says Rob Herman, director of Product and Vertical Marketing, ThinkStation business unit, Lenovo. "The ThinkStation E32 is a design workhorse, giving users workstation level performance and effortless productivity on a PC-sized budget."
Both ThinkStation E32 models offer professional graphics capabilities with the option of NVIDIA's latest Quadro graphics cards (up to K4000 in the tower and K600 in the SFF) as well as Intel P4600 HD graphics. In addition, the E32 easily supports users' large memory needs with up to 32 GB in both models and sports two USB 3.0 ports in the front of the chassis, or six total USB 3.0 ports, which provide 10x faster transfer rates over USB 2.0 for increased productivity and usability.
Pricing and Availability
The Lenovo ThinkStation E32 tower model and the Lenovo ThinkStation E32 SFF will be available starting September 6. Pricing starts at approximately $729. The workstations will be available through Lenovo business partners and Lenovo's own website.
Latest News Posts
- R.I.P. Sir Roger 'James Bond' Moore
- AMD delayed Radeon RX Vega until July?
- Huawei announces affordable Honor 6A smartphone
- Tesla's Model 3 deliveries begin in July
- Huawei unveils Honor Band A2 priced at $29
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning